Spyder Garage

Default FINALLY-A GREAT DEALER!!

A BIG THANK YOU! To Arctic Adventures in Rosendale NY. Those of you here that have attended SpyderQuest in Lake George NY no doubt know of these folks - Tom and Maryellen - as they are a sponsor for this event. Anyway, once again I was having multiple problems with my RTL. As the closest dealer to me no longer sells or services Spyders (didn't really like them anyway), and the next closest dealer - 48 miles away - I wouldn't send my worst enemy to them for service. Very arrogant dealer. So, had the Spyder towed to AA on a Friday. I got a call that afternoon from Buck, the Spyder technician, telling me that he was going to ride the Spyder that same afternoon, and start working on it the next day. He and/or Tom called me frequently to let me know how things were coming along. They just kept finding things that were wonky, and would call me to tell me what was up.

So, here is the list of major things that they found in there explorations:

Leaking water pump seal - needed a new gasket, coolant seal, oil seal,clamps, and a water pump shaft.
    Bad Camshaft Sensor - replaced.
    New rear sprocket bearing due to misalignment of the rear wheel by another dealer. This ruined the rear tire, and that was replaced as well.
    New left and right handlebar modules due to bad blinker switch and bad cruise control switch. These were pointed out previously to another dealer who said they were "fine, no problems".
    Re-torqued my BajaRon swaybar.
    Numerous other little things that I didn't realize were even going on.
    Oh, and the bad camshaft sensor code was in the bike's computer 12 times! Other dealer didn't even check.

They put a fair number of miles on it test riding to see if other things popped up.

Now keep in mind that they are 87 miles away from me. They DELIVERED the Spyder to me around 10:00 this morning at no charge! This was their way of just being really nice folks, as they did have the bike for quite some time, and believe me, it was time well spent as far as I'm concerned. I put 60 miles on it today, and it ran like a top. Planning a long ride tomorrow, as the weather will be great.

They worked very closely with BRP Dealer Support throughout this whole process, and I feel that BRP did me a solid.

Total cost to me: $50.00 BEST Warranty deductible.

I really can't say enough good things about them. They are just a nice, small, family owned and operated dealer whose goal is to provide top-notch service, and boy do they ever.

So, you folks here in Northwest & Southwest Connecticut, next time you need service, and you want it to be the best out there, take a ride to Rosendale. You will not regret it.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

We love to hear good reports about dealers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks Dwight.
    There's hope yet. I stopped there on the way to Spyderquest last year and they changed my oil whie I waited.
    My biggest problem was not spending more money in their showroom.
    I'm glad you got your Spyder running well.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Good for you (and them)

Wow, good for you (and for them)!
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dwight,
    I'm SOOOOOooooo glad to hear that they got your bike whipped into shape for you!!

I don't use them... but it's nice to know that they're right around the corner from me!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Dwight,

Wow! that is great news about your bike. I have heard of them, and saw them @ SQ. I have not dealt with them, but that is good to know just in case if I have to do.

Have fun on your long trip tomorrow, the weather is going to great!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    A BIG THANK YOU! To Arctic Adventures in Rosendale NY. Those of you here that have attended SpyderQuest in Lake George NY no doubt know of these folks - Tom and Maryellen - as they are a sponsor for this event. Anyway, once again I was having multiple problems with my RTL. As the closest dealer to me no longer sells or services Spyders (didn't really like them anyway), and the next closest dealer - 48 miles away - I wouldn't send my worst enemy to them for service. Very arrogant dealer. So, had the Spyder towed to AA on a Friday. I got a call that afternoon from Buck, the Spyder technician, telling me that he was going to ride the Spyder that same afternoon, and start working on it the next day. He and/or Tom called me frequently to let me know how things were coming along. They just kept finding things that were wonky, and would call me to tell me what was up.

Leaking water pump seal - needed a new gasket, coolant seal, oil seal,clamps, and a water pump shaft.
    New rear sprocket bearing due to misalignment of the rear wheel by another dealer. This ruined the rear tire, and that was replaced as well.
    New left and right handlebar modules due to bad blinker switch and bad cruise control switch. These were pointed out previously to another dealer who said they were "fine, no problems".
    Oh, and the bad camshaft sensor code was in the bike's computer 12 times! Other dealer didn't even check.

They put a fair number of miles on it test riding to see if other things popped up.

Now keep in mind that they are 87 miles away from me. They DELIVERED the Spyder to me around 10:00 this morning at no charge! This was their way of just being really nice folks, as they did have the bike for quite some time, and believe me, it was time well spent as far as I'm concerned. I put 60 miles on it today, and it ran like a top. Planning a long ride tomorrow, as the weather will be great.

They worked very closely with BRP Dealer Support throughout this whole process, and I feel that BRP did me a solid.

I really can't say enough good things about them. They are just a nice, small, family owned and operated dealer whose goal is to provide top-notch service, and boy do they ever.

So, you folks here in Northwest & Southwest Connecticut, next time you need service, and you want it to be the best out there, take a ride to Rosendale. You will not regret it.
    When is SpyderQuest in Lake George NY?
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Spyderquest is September 5 th to 9 th It is a great event I cant wait.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Did the Lake George Dinner boat cruise with Maryellen and friends a couple of years ago at spyderquest and we had a blast. Good people!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

That’s great to hear. This is why we buy extended warranties too.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    That’s great to hear. This is why we buy extended warranties too.
    Yep, and this is not the first time it has saved my bacon. And, it's in effect until 11/19/19. Wish I could get more time on it, but I'm at the limit now.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Dwight, congrats on getting your Spyder serviced properly versus sold. I remember how bad I and many others felt for the treatment the other stealers gave you and how you were considering getting rid of a lemon. Glad to hear Arctic Adventures FIXED YOU UP, And Delivered. That is Outstanding service!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

They are the shining example of what we hope dealers will be. Good for them and you. Hope more dealers follow their example.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I spoke to Maryellen and many of her customers at Spyderquest Great People. I purchased my Spyder because of them.

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

You found a good one.. hang on to them.....

Your AA deals in coolant leaks yet my AA deals in a different kinda a leak/overflow...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

WOW!!!!!!!! is the only word that comes to my mind when I read your post. I ride 60 miles just to get competent service. Of my two local dealers, one is a crook, and the other isn't a year old yet, and aren't experienced enough.
    I guess I'll ask my dealer to go through my '15" with a fine tooth comb" before the BEST warranty runs out. You're a lucky man to find such a GREAT dealer. Hope to make it to Spyderquest some year.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Finding a great dealer...

...is really a comfort of mind. I drive past a Can-Am dealer to get to my dealer - RT Sales, Monroeville, (Ft Wayne) IN... 50 miles one way - because of poor attitude and service at said dealer. I mentioned in an earlier post that my dealer picked up my ryde and hauled it back to his place, serviced it, stored it for 5 months and didn't charge me a trip charge and didn't charge me for storage. Glad you have a reliable, knowledge dealer to take care of you.
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Default Dealers

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post

Im in CT, what dealer should I avoid..?
    2017 RTL , Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Al_lockup View Post
    Im in CT, what dealer should I avoid..?
    PM sent.