Spyder Garage

Default portable communications & music

I bought the Autocom communications unit to be able to talk to my wife and listen to music when we ride. When I first got the unit I was going to mount it behind the battery under the rear panel. This made the connection to the battery a breeze but with thick cables that connect to the headsets running under the seat things just weren't working for me. I remembered seeing a post from John in PA about a small Gortech tank bag so I decided to get one of these bags and modify it to carry the Autocom and other accessories for music and speech.

I cut and shrink wrapped the power cable and connected it to the Autocom unit. Then I made a small hole in the end of the bag and ran the cable through the hole. I then added the connectors you see. Red is power blue is ground. I then took the rest of the power cable and added about 12 or 13 inches of wire, shrink wrapped it and ran it from the battery over the top of the gas tank and up from under the backbone and on top of the backbone under the top colored panel and have it pop out of the boot around the steering column and added color coded connectors that tuck up under the handlebars.

I keep my phone, music source and other goodies in the bag and just let the cables slip out from the back of the bag and to the connectors on our helmets. When we stop somewhere we unhook the headsets, coil the cables into the bag, disconnect the bag from the Spyder and everything comes along with us in the tank bag.

It just takes a minute to hook the bag back to the Spyder, connect the power cables and we are off again. This is gonna come in handy on the way to Los Angeles so my wife doesn't have to pound out coded signals on my back anymore.

Spyder Garage

Nice job.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

BTW, Powerlet makes tank bag power connectors and penetrations, if you want to clean up those puncture wounds.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Good for you. I'm still waiting to see a good way to connect my iphone for music.
    fog lights, 4" risers, ISO grips, mud flap lights, 12v trunk accessory, zombie foot and passenger pegs, F1 slider windshield, cup holder, throttle boss

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't know the name but there is a sound system for bikes that offers 2 speakers that mount on handlebars or wherever.It has a cig.pack sized 100W amp.and a plug for your mp3 or xm or whatever source.Not much over $100 and sells for maybe $120.

Has anyone seen this?

wolf1

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    BTW, Powerlet makes tank bag power connectors and penetrations, if you want to clean up those puncture wounds.
    -Scotty
    Thanks Scotty, I'll check into that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiii View Post
    Thanks Scotty, I'll check into that.
    Here is my BRP tank bag with the Powerlet power to it.
    Powered Tank Bag
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead1 View Post
    I don't know the name but there is a sound system for bikes that offers 2 speakers that mount on handlebars or wherever.It has a cig.pack sized 100W amp.and a plug for your mp3 or xm or whatever source.Not much over $100 and sells for maybe $120.

Has anyone seen this?

wolf1
    You might try this link:
    http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/S...radio_pkg.html

Spyder Garage

Talking

nice job thank you for the info so we all learn how to do table talk im going to do same nead music and talking to wife on

so she wont yell lol

Don.........

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rec communications

I just purchased a scala Q2 for my wife and I and was wondering if anyone else had any luck with this unit. Seems like there are alot of mixed reviews about what works and what does not work.

Spyder Garage

We also purchased a Q2. So far it works as advertised. Occasionally the audio is distorted and I can't figure out what is causing it. Maybe interference from the Spyder electronics? The bluetooth cellphone capability has come in very handy twice now. It's not a true stereo with my mp3 player but the sound works for me. The FM radio is not that great but overall, I give it .
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder007 View Post
    I just purchased a scala Q2 for my wife and I and was wondering if anyone else had any luck with this unit. Seems like there are alot of mixed reviews about what works and what does not work.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We get a lot of wind noise and turns off just when you want to talk. We have been saying "BO" to turn them on. We get some stares from caged drivers!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just got the XBi2. I will let you know what I think, but I can tell you right now that the unit is sleek and easy to install.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill6565 View Post
    We get a lot of wind noise and turns off just when you want to talk.
    The wind noise will stop completely with the correct windshields. I have the F1 Slider and my wife has a CHAD. You can override the voice activation and leave it on all the time. It just reduces the amount of battery time.