Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I ran mine out the left side near the suspension.
    Ah, that's a good idea I did not think about. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I ran mine out the left side near the suspension.
    Just bought a left over 2017 F3L from iMotorsports and a pigtail was already installed and had been run the same, out the left side, very convenient.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    Just to clear this up, a Battery Tender is a battery maintainer sold by the Deltran Company here in Florida.
    Facial tissues are commonly called "Kleenex" too.

Automatic battery maintainers are commonly called "tenders".

No harm, no foul.

I like the term "tender type".
    But if mis-use of the brand name causes someone to go out and shop for a "real" Battery Tender instead of a generic.......so what ??

Spyder Garage

Default TENDER

the DC plug that people are talking about that's under the rear seat is BRP option, i have it... it's a dual-USB port, but most any 12V adapter can be installed...
    what i did, was install a USB/CIGAR LIGHTER adapter in the bucket... this way, i can power up my head-sets, GPS, etc while at rest or riding, and attach my battery tender when she sits for a few days....
    20180523_103917.jpg
    works just fine.... hope this helps...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default no hole needed

Quote Originally Posted by BoxyLady View Post
    Yes, I have always used the Battery Tender Brand on all my cars and bikes. I actually hooked up a pigtail to the battery this afternoon.

I was just hoping there was a connection for it under the passenger seat since now I have to route the pigtail from the battery around the backside of the front trunk bucket and probably cut a hole to run it through in the trough area where the hood hinge is. Not a big deal, but was just hoping for something already in place that was convenient....

thanks everyone!
    I ran the tender pigtail around the outside of the frunk liner. There was no need to make a hole in the liner. You should be able to see it in the photo in my previous post.

Spyder Garage

Default On our 16 F3T it was easy to run the Tender JR battery pigtail out the left side

Like Highwayman said that seemed to be the straightest run, and it was easy after bolting the eyelet directly to the battery, to run the short lead out and zip tie it to the top A-Arm on the left side. Easy to access and use, and hasn't moved in 2 yrs.
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Also you can get a 12 volt power plate installed on the handle bars. Battery Tender has an adapter that will plug into it.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default I'll be darned

Was doing a little maintenance and tinkering with the bike today. Took the black plastic shield off the top left inside the frunk, and low and behold, there is a tender pigtail right there just waiting to be discovered.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Was doing a little maintenance and tinkering with the bike today. Took the black plastic shield off the top left inside the frunk, and low and behold, there is a tender pigtail right there just waiting to be discovered.....
    Sounds like you had a helpful dealer.....me, not so much !

Spyder Garage

Default Battery tender connection?

I have a 2012 RT Limited with a 12vdc 3amp power supply in the top compartment.Can i just plug my battery tender 1.25amp with a male supply and fused at 2amp.I was hoping this set up would be good for winter storage.Just got my spyder in June and only had 4000Km on it.Thanks
    2012 RT , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vinlander View Post
    I have a 2012 RT Limited with a 12vdc 3amp power supply in the top compartment.Can i just plug my battery tender 1.25amp with a male supply and fused at 2amp.
    It likely is not a "power supply" but just a wire and connector.

IF......it is live when the ignition is OFF, then yes it should work fine for a tender connection.

And if it is not live when the Spyder is OFF, you might be able to move a fuse and fix that.

Spyder Garage

I have used Deltran Battery Tenders exclusively for many years. I have used them on cars, motorcycles and on my Spyder RT. They have never failed to keep my vehicles’ batteries charged.

Spyder Garage

Smile Battery tender connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    It likely is not a "power supply" but just a wire and connector.

IF......it is live when the ignition is OFF, then yes it should work fine for a tender connection.

And if it is not live when the Spyder is OFF, you might be able to move a fuse and fix that.
    I did (ass)ume it was powered as per the manual but it lied to me.Turns out not wired at all just window dressing.Think i may just hook it up to the battery and be done with it.Thanks for the insight and the prevention of frustration.
    2012 RT , Pearl