Spyder Garage

Default Fox Podium 2.0 install.

Has anyone did a install of a Fox Podium 2.0 rear shock themselves? The instructions don’t seem be like the shock setup. Looking for a little clarification. Dean

Spyder Garage

Default what you need

You have to be able to safely jack the rear of the bike until the tire is just touching. It takes two #17 sockets on two long extensions to get the top bolt out. Before you attempt this, take a shop towel and block off the square tube frame under the top bolt. If you drop the nut it will go inside the frame tube. I had a socket pop off and took about an hour to get it back.
    The jack height is critical to getting the top bolt out. Once the top is out the bottom is easy.
    Put the top bolt is loosely on the new shock. Control the jack height until you get the bottom holes lined up. Tighten and enjoy.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3S Spyder rear Fox 2.0 Podium RC2 shock install pics

Quote Originally Posted by BakaDean View Post
    Has anyone did a install of a Fox Podium 2.0 rear shock themselves? The instructions don’t seem be like the shock setup. Looking for a little clarification. Dean
    Yes, I installed rear Fox RC2 shock/remote reservoir last year on 2015 F3S Spyder.
    I used long extension with 15mm sockets top shock bolt first removing nut.
    Then jacked up rear of 2015 F3S until just barely tire touching floor.
    I removed 15mm nut lower shock bolt nut, then adjusted jack until I could pull out bottom shock bolt.
    Then I removed top shock bolt.
    I put in top shock bolt first on new rear Fox RC2 shock.
    Then adjusted jack to put in lower shock bolt.
    Used blue locktite on nuts, tighten both.
    I routed hose for remote reservoir, zip tied & put in foam next to frame mount that could rub shock hose.
    Hope this helps.
    Here are a few rear Fox RC2 install pics. Jim
    2015 F3S Spyder rear Fox 2.0 Podium RC2 shock install IMG_4456.jpg2015 F3 S Spyder rear Fox 2.0 Podium RC2 install shock area IMG_4455.jpg2015 F3 S Spyder rear Fox 2.0 Podium RC2 shock remote reservoir hose routing IMG_4457.jpg