Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I was/am under the impression that the DPS system is variable an diminishes to zero assist at speed. I thought it only assisted when going slow.....like parking lot speeds. I don't believe I feel any help from the DPS system when cruising the twisties.

If the Spyder DPS is suppose to help when at cruising speed then I think I may have a problem with it too. If so, I would welcome having it fixed because I would like to have a little more steering assist too. Thoughts, Comments.....?

Same for me.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    He said he was interested in reducing the steering effort in turns and twisties at speed (when the power steering assist is probably not helping much). He has Parkinson's disease. I don't think 'hanging off the inside' is in the picture for him, but I could be wrong.

Bottom line, OP, is that the Spyder is always going to require more steering effort than any two-wheeler. I'll get flamed here, but I still think that the RSS is designed for an aggressive seating position wherein your body weight is concentrated more on the handlebars. Switching to a more upright position may be more comfortable but that comfort comes at the price of decreased leverage on the handlebars. Hence my suggestion to try the original handlebars and see if that helps.
    HOLY MOLY!!!!! You and I agree on something!!

Spyder Garage

Well lots of great info, I just bought new to me 2016 f3s SE6 and getting her next month hoping I don't have these probs. Anyone know if these have same issues, thx

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mach123 View Post
    Well lots of great info, I just bought new to me 2016 f3s SE6 and getting her next month hoping I don't have these probs. Anyone know if these have same issues, thx
    The bikes don't have issues. The riders do.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Picture of bars....

Spyder Garage

Default dynamic power steering

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Please check both of your battery terminals for tightness before you spend a dime on anything. If there are not star washers on the bolts buy some and install them, will be the cheapest "fix" you'll do on your ride.

Al
    I AM AGREEING WITH YOU. FIRST I LOST MY POWER STEERING. THEN MY SPYDER DIED. TRAILERED IT HOME JUST TO DISCOVER THE BATTERY TERMINALS WERE VERY LOOSE. TIGHTED BOTH OF THEM UP AND MY SPYDER WAS ALIVE AND MY DYNAMIC POWER STEERING WAS BACK AND AS GOOD AS NEW,