Spyder Garage

Default New Forum-Enabled SpyderLovers!

I think this is a fitting name for this board. Even though you guys are physically disabled you have over come this and the Spyder has enabled you to get back in the wind.

I hope you will use this board to share some of the mods you have done to your Spyder to make it work for you. You are some of those most creative members on this board and we can all learn and be inspired by your accomplishments.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Lamonster- the name for this forum is very fitting!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Default Disabled Veteran

Thanks Lamonster for all the outstanding information on the
    Spyders. God Bless

Gunfighter
    2018 F3 , Red

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default disabled riders

i'm selling wheelchair racks ,i recomend isci brake,auto bike,rackiton.com for wheelchair rack,footrests isci and i have nice basic safe good lookingrest velcro ,so no excusses get out there i'm only rider in chair when we meet,so get to daytona can fab bikes there between all of us isci,rackiton and so many more cool stuff but call me have 12000 miles on bike done 14 hour trips straight ,so any advice for safety tips,727-642-8536.david

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default old rack two years old

new one 4 pieces all adjustable ,pics soon 4 pounds thanks david www.rackiton.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default SALE FOR BIKEWEEK

Wheelchair riders running great sale for bikeweek,contact 727-642-8536. prices vary on rack type and bike.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I love this site!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by racketdave View Post
    i'm selling wheelchair racks ,i recomend isci brake,auto bike,rackiton.com for wheelchair rack,footrests isci and i have nice basic safe good lookingrest velcro ,so no excusses get out there i'm only rider in chair when we meet,so get to daytona can fab bikes there between all of us isci,rackiton and so many more cool stuff but call me have 12000 miles on bike done 14 hour trips straight ,so any advice for safety tips,727-642-8536.david
    Thanks for posting the info. racketdave, verey helpful.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default How much are your racks?

Just wanting to know how much your racks cost and if you are able to send one to Australia if I bought one?!

Cheers, Daniel

Spyder Garage

Default Learn from others challenges

This is good. Polio guy here. Yes rare old guy. So on my rt I added hand break from a company in Alabama. Pricey, but if your legs are crap, and you want to ride, well it works.

Registered Users tamijacobs1963's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Where do I get that cool US map?

Quote Originally Posted by canam9 View Post
    I love this site!
    Where do I get that cool US map?
    You only have one life to live, make the most of it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Reaching out to Enabled Riders in Orlando and Lakeland areas

Good Afternoon everyone,
    My name is Jason and I work for a non-profit here in Orlando and Lakeland called the Center for Independent Living (CIL) that provides services to people with disabilities! One of my former co-workers who uses a chair used to ride a Harley with a side car but traded up to a Spyder and loves it! Because of his enthusiasm for riding and living independently, I find myself wanting to meet more folks like him.

I am very interested in meeting any and all Enabled Riders in the Orlando and Lakeland areas to share info about CIL and hopefully get those interested involved in our annual Stroll N Roll (walk/roll-a-thon) and Rampage (wheelchair ramp building) events.

Feel free to email me for my contact information at jvenning@cilorlando.org and if you like, I would be happy to attend your next gathering and share information with you.

I look forward to hearing from and meeting you all!

Jason

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Forum-Enabled SpyderLovers!

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and have an unusual question. This may not be the proper place to post this,but perhaps you can help me out.
    Ten plus years ago,due to a major injury I lost all use of my left arm and hand. For a time my left leg and foot were very weak and barely useable. Now thanks to Gods grace along with my addition of dogged determination my left leg and foot are near normal. Weak and unsteady at times, but generally they work well enough to let me do what I want.
    Since my right side is normal,what I need to know is: Could a Spyder be adapted to allow operation with only my good right hand and/or leg? I drive a car without any problems,using only my good right hand. I do avoid manual trans due to the occasional left leg weakness and tremor.

Sorry for so much info I just wanted everyone to understand why I'm
    asking this unusual question.

Thanks in advance for all the help I know I'll
    Receive.
    The Spyder is probably the only hope I have to ever ride again,so I'm
    pushing hard to make it happen

Thank You and

God Bless all of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default trouble floorboards

I have been having trouble with my prosthetic slipping of the pegs of my RS, I orderd some floorboards, but I don't trust any of these shops around here to be honest so I hope I can put them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I think this is a fitting name for this board. Even though you guys are physically disabled you have over come this and the Spyder has enabled you to get back in the wind.

I hope you will use this board to share some of the mods you have done to your Spyder to make it work for you. You are some of those most creative members on this board and we can all learn and be inspired by your accomplishments.

Spyder Garage

Default Great..!!

great title for this forum...thanks..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Installs and Keeping Feet Planted

Quote Originally Posted by Rbarber1 View Post
    I have been having trouble with my prosthetic slipping of the pegs of my RS, I orderd some floorboards, but I don't trust any of these shops around here to be honest so I hope I can put them on.

Floor board installs, from my experience, are usually fairly straight forward -- most have very good directions and the parts you need to access are not too difficult to reach. Also, if you bought them from a site sponsor ... I would not hesitate to call and ask for hints that might make the install go smoother for an enabled person such as yourself.

As for keeping your prosthetic in place, I have no experience with that myself .... but, recommend you try and reach a couple of members via PM that probably do. My first thoughts for who to contact:
    • kawakii -- Nicole
    • setho -- Seth

Both are in wheel chairs due to paralysis and I am sure they have fashioned some mechanism to keep their feet in place, either on pegs or floor boards.

Good luck with your project ... all the best ... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default My modifications I just finished.

I am going to post a new message with my Spyder mods finished but was reading your posts and thought I would add a couple pics here. I also just finished installing the ISCI Hand Brake, a very nice set up.
    Eddy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Hutchens View Post
    I am going to post a new message with my Spyder mods finished but was reading your posts and thought I would add a couple pics here. I also just finished installing the ISCI Hand Brake, a very nice set up.
    Eddy
    That looks like a good set-up!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 isci brake

Have you got any pictures of how you put the brakes on the F3 S please. I live in Brisbane, Australia and my email is 97landy@gmail.com. Thank you in advance

Regards

Greg Hayden