Spyder Garage

Default Trying to watch TV

Trying to watch a movie on TV tonight on the SYFI channel. Commercials took up as much time as the movie. Probably 15 commercials at a time. Very irritating. Caused me to switch to a different channel. Maybe some find the commercials interesting and just "adjust". Not me. I don't understand how anyone can endure the on slot commercial TV propagates. Numb minds perhaps.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Oh yeah !!!

That's partly the reason why we don't watch TV any more. It's definitely why I don't watch football any more. It got to the point that I could take a shower fix a sandwich get back to my seat and still sit through a couple..can find it all on the net...no commercials...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Trying to watch a movie on TV tonight on the SYFI channel. Commercials took up as much time as the movie. Probably 15 commercials at a time. Very irritating. Caused me to switch to a different channel. Maybe some find the commercials interesting and just "adjust". Not me. I don't understand how anyone can endure the on slot commercial TV propagates. Numb minds perhaps.....
    Ever notice the "commercials" get louder than whatever you're watching?? They really want you to take in them food, drinks, and don't forget to "ask your doctor about..." commercials! 18 minutes of program, 42 minutes of blah, blah, blah! Mac

Spyder Garage

We normally watch everything recorded off the DVR function, hardly ever live. Then we can just zip past the commercials.

Watching live TV is so ancient.
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

This.

I will even tape delay watch sports to skip commercials. Have to not look at any news or texts though as a spoiler will inevitably pop up,if I do.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

99 % of commercials sxxk. Now with all the medical crap it's enough to get you depressed. Thanks for the mute button, not that much tv is watched anymore.

Spyder Garage

Default No more cable

I disconnected cable because of the commercials. Now its Netfilx and Amazon prime.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

that is what netflix & a remote control are for

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Without all of the commercial breaks: when would you have time to make a sandwich, or "hit the head"?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Without all of the commercial breaks: when would you have time to make a sandwich, or "hit the head"?
    Pause button.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I mostly watch HBO so no commercials there, and DVR anything else on commercial TV so I done have to watch the commercials. BTW, radio is the same way, one song 3 commercials!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    Pause button.
    If I hit THAT button: it didn't pause the Missus from complaining about me stopping the action.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

We have been a Tivo household since 1999.

Left the commercial break problem way back then. Its just gotten better over the years.

Over the air tv, streaming and local Plex server all integrated in one box for a whole home system.

The networks are just a source for material, we NEVER watch them live except perhaps for the Superbowl or World Series.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Have you ever noticed - or at least it seems to me - that all channels air commercials at the same time?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Have you ever noticed - or at least it seems to me - that all channels air commercials at the same time?
    Yup! So much for channel flipping during the commercials.

I just use the mute button. I refuse to have them yelling in my ear to buy something I don't want. I am finding we are talking to each other much more.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default I seldom watch

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I seldom watch live TV anymore. I record everything so I can fast forward through all the rubbish. They should put a disclaimer on the screen. "The following commercials will be shown with limited entertainment interruption."
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

if it weren't for the commercials we might not know about an active girl or what to do about erectile disfunction or how easy it is to
    sue someone when YOU make a mistake.