Spyder Garage

Default Question Concerning Baja Ron's Sway Bar

Probably will buy the sway bar for my 2014 RS based on all the positive comments made here. But before I do, I would like to know if this item ever goes on sale? Also, for those that have them and are thinking about selling or trading your Spyder, have you considered selling the sway bar separately? My guess is the sway bar would be worth more if sold separately then what would be gained at sale or trade in time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimz49 View Post
    Probably will buy the sway bar for my 2014 RS based on all the positive comments made here. But before I do, I would like to know if this item ever goes on sale? Also, for those that have them and are thinking about selling or trading your Spyder, have you considered selling the sway bar separately? My guess is the sway bar would be worth more if sold separately then what would be gained at sale or trade in time.
    You could give Ron a call and inquire if he will have any sales on accessories?? I heard he was a pretty nice guy to chat with.Mac

Spyder Garage

Default thumbs up

I just put one on my 2016 RTS. I have never seen a sale but I think the installation cost varies. I got mine installed at Spyder Fest by SpyderPops . Well worth it

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

I thought that at the low prices he's asking, the Baja-Ron Bars are on sale ALL the time, and for the improvement they bring at such a reasonable price vs the effort or cost required to change one out before sale/trading, most people just sell them on with their old Spyders & buy a new one to fit on the new Spyder - that way they only need to do or pay for the ONE remove & refit job!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Not that I know of....

But you can always keep an eye out for one on eBay or Amazon or even here. Have seen them but have one so don't know if it was a deal...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    I just put one on my 2016 RTS. I have never seen a sale but I think the installation cost varies. I got mine installed at Spyder Fest by SpyderPops . Well worth it
    How much did they charge you? I am wondering if the $300 estimate from my local shop is reasonable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnorthern View Post
    How much did they charge you? I am wondering if the $300 estimate from my local shop is reasonable.
    $300.00 for an install is crazy. It will take a mechanic probably 30 minutes to replace it. Taking your time, it would take you an hour or two to replace it.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Yes that is a tad steep.. Would not take a dealer more than an Hr. They have the tools, and technicians to get it done in hr.
    300 / hr is acceptable for a great lawyer but a mechanic ......

Just put one on this weekend. Biggest / easiest way is to get the front end to ground clearance greater than the length of the Swaybar. Once we did that the bar all but fell out on its own....LOL

Spyder Garage

My reason for asking is I thought there might times when sponsors/dealers have annual or special event sales and it would pay to wait.

Spyder Garage

sent a pm

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    Spyder Pockets
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It took me longer to figure out how to raise the Spyder than to install it. Now that I have the blocking to put under the wheels it would take about 1 hour. Believe it is worth the $288.00, he does not have to have a sale price.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

My reason for asking is I thought there might times when sponsors/dealers have annual or special event sales and it would pay to wait.
    Ron doesn’t have sale pricing, Jim. He sets his pricing at the lowest he possibly can for Spyderlovers all year round. The stabiliser bar is a bargain at many times its price for what it gives you. I spent over $2k on Wilbers shocks, and they didn’t improve surefootedness any more than Ron’s stabiliser bar did. Mind you, the Wilber rear shock did reduce bottoming out which Ron’s bar did not

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Buy the Bar: it's worth the price!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Ron doesn’t have sale pricing, Jim. He sets his pricing at the lowest he possibly can for Spyderlovers all year round. The stabiliser bar is a bargain at many times its price for what it gives you. I spent over $2k on Wilbers shocks, and they didn’t improve surefootedness any more than Ron’s stabiliser bar did. Mind you, the Wilber rear shock did reduce bottoming out which Ron’s bar did not

Pete
    You're right! This is a product flaw that I have not been able to remedy....
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

If you are saying $300 for material and installation that is a very good price!!!
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    If you are saying $300 for material and installation that is a very good price!!!
    BIG F
    He's talking install only. The most I've been told a customer was quoted for the install (Only) was $800.00. Or simply said another way. 'We don't want to do it'.

Most dealerships will charge 1 hr - 1.5 hr shop labor rate. If they know what they are doing they probably make a killing at this rate. If they don't, they probably break even.

Usually, if the charge is more than this it's because they plan to remove the front trunk. A waste of time and your money. But I've been told the shop manual says to remove the front trunk for this install. I've never verified this. But it would certainly add quite a bit of time to the process.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 05-22-2018 at 04:00 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

This is timely. I am getting a Baja Ron's ASB installed on ours in a couple of weeks. At first the service department said "I think it's 4 hours labor because you have to take the front end off, but my Spyder tech is not here today so he would know for sure"....I immediately sicked Adam, the dealership parts guy who ordered it on service. They will be charging me one hour labor (I think that's around $85). As many have said, this is so simple to install. If I had a lift I would do it myself.

Really looking forward to the difference as most everyone has said it makes a dramatic difference in more flat handling. I have always installed thicker ASB's, usually with adjustable end-links, on all my cars (and even my truck!), and have always believed they are such a great bang for the buck.

Jeff

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're gonna love it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default the best

I had the Baja Ron bar installed at Spyderfest, it is hands down the best thing that I have put on the Spyder. Along with being Squared Away......Its a dream to drive ........... Buy the bar.........money well spent

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    Spyder Pockets
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    I had the Baja Ron bar installed at Spyderfest, it is hands down the best thing that I have put on the Spyder. Along with being Squared Away......Its a dream to drive ........... Buy the bar.........money well spent
    X2, changed my own this spring, what a difference it made, now if I could only find a dealer some where in Maine that laser aliens I would be a happy boy!
    2012 RTL , Pearl