Spyder Garage

Default 2017 audio questions

I'm picking up a new leftover 2017 RTL next week but I'm wondering about the audio system.I have a pair of J+M wired headsets in mine and wifes helmets for 15 years now and they always sounded great but they cant do Bluetooth.The J+M website shows a 7 pin adapter cable which says it will allow us to connect to Spyder,but where?I only spent about an hour with a Spyder and I didn't see any plugs except in the trunk.So is there a plug somewhere and can I rig up a way to Bluetooth to my phone and also hear the GPS?Also would there be a way for wife to listen to her phone while I listen to mine and still be able to talk to each other?We don't need to talk to other bikes.Ive read a lot of reviews about BT headsets and they have sound quality issues and other cons.

Spyder Garage

The Sena bluetooth dongle from Can Am will do everything you want, but you will need to see if there is a bluetooth module available for your headsets. For years I used an old Autocom system that had wired headsets, but also had a bluetooth module that connected my other components ( Sirius radio, cell phone, etc. ) to my wired headsets.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to this bunch

Dave here
    Give me a call on Monday I will be in the shop all day 209-887-3283
    I have the information you need. also please use my regular email
    motorcycledave@mac.com. I am in California so please be aware of the
    time zone. Open 9:00AM to 8:00PM daily
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    I'm picking up a new leftover 2017 RTL next week but I'm wondering about the audio system.I have a pair of J+M wired headsets in mine and wifes helmets for 15 years now and they always sounded great but they cant do Bluetooth.The J+M website shows a 7 pin adapter cable which says it will allow us to connect to Spyder,but where?I only spent about an hour with a Spyder and I didn't see any plugs except in the trunk.So is there a plug somewhere and can I rig up a way to Bluetooth to my phone and also hear the GPS?Also would there be a way for wife to listen to her phone while I listen to mine and still be able to talk to each other?We don't need to talk to other bikes.Ive read a lot of reviews about BT headsets and they have sound quality issues and other cons.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Dave here
    Give me a call on Monday I will be in the shop all day 209-887-3283
    I have the information you need. also please use my regular email
    motorcycledave@mac.com. I am in California so please be aware of the
    time zone. Open 9:00AM to 8:00PM daily
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    Will do,thanks

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    In order to use wired helmet headsets you have to have the CB installed. The interface to the audio and intercom capability is built into the CB unit. Unless you are a heavy user of CB your only option is Blue Tooth. That requires the use of a BT dongle to listen to the audio system. For occasional CB use get a handheld CB and the Sena CB/BT adapter. The BRP CB will cost you around a grand. That is about $400 to $500 less than the CB for the new Goldwing!!!!

If you're coming from a Goldwing be prepared for a substantial relearning of the audio system.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    In order to use wired helmet headsets you have to have the CB installed. The interface to the audio and intercom capability is built into the CB unit. Unless you are a heavy user of CB your only option is Blue Tooth. That requires the use of a BT dongle to listen to the audio system. For occasional CB use get a handheld CB and the Sena CB/BT adapter. The BRP CB will cost you around a grand. That is about $400 to $500 less than the CB for the new Goldwing!!!!

If you're coming from a Goldwing be prepared for a substantial relearning of the audio system.
    That explains why I didn't see a plug bc there's no CB and I don't need one,I never used the one I had on my GW.Thanks