Thread: Spyder Service

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Service

I serviced my 2015, Spyder RT yesterday. I changed the oil (Valvoline 10W-40 Synthetic) oil filter, gas filter, and K&N air filter. It did take me about 2-1/2 hours but I did some cleaning at the same time. The gas filter is kind of a tricky thing to get at. Total cost of parts was $125.50. The K&N air filter is a little high but I will never have to buy one again. I don’t know what a dealer would charge for this but where I live I would have to make an appointment which would be a week or so and leave the Spyder. The closest dealer would be about 50 miles. I also did change the drain plugs to Gold Plugs they were $43.97.The Spyder just had 20,000 miles on it. The air filter did not really need changed but since I had the K&N filter I went ahead and changed it. I also doubt if the fuel filter needed changed. I had already bleed the brakes. My next oil change it will be time to change the transmission filter and I will probably replace brake pads. Other than that I should not have do anything to the Spyder for the rest of the year.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Default the price at dealer !

I don’t know what a dealer would charge for this but where I live I would have to make an appointment which would be a week or so and leave the Spyder. The closest dealer would be about 50 miles. <---- quoted from the post ---- I can bet the price for all the work you did would have been close to the 400.oo to 500.oo dollar mark if not more ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    I don’t know what a dealer would charge for this but where I live I would have to make an appointment which would be a week or so and leave the Spyder. The closest dealer would be about 50 miles. <---- quoted from the post ---- I can bet the price for all the work you did would have been close to the 400.oo to 500.oo dollar mark if not more ...
    That is what I would expect it would be in my area. It seems to be a little more work to servicing a Spyder than most motorcycles. More plastic to remove and parts seen higher. I could afford to have mind serviced but I just hate to pay them prices when I can do my own and I am real particular who works on my vehicles.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Labor rates....

Parts price seems close concidering you have some aftermarket items but granted it would all be a bit more at the dealer. What jacks it way up is the labor rates and they do vary even from shop to shop not to mention city to city and state to state. Always nice to be able to do as much as possible on your own and mostly the warranty at the dealer. I just have them hook up to BUDS from time to time for any updates. Interesting part is they will not clear the fact that it has not been service in the past 930 hours of use because they did not do the service...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black