Spyder Garage

Default Help in identifying this connection.

phpiH6hvzPM.jpgphpNSHfGxPM.jpgPlease help identify this connector. I was under the front of my 2011 RT5 Manual. I was installing Ron's Bar. This connection was unplugged. I could almost not touch it. It appeared to have die-electric grease on the metal parts. Anybody know what it does and where it goes. Everything on the machine seems to work! It is in close quarters. I did not have the front trunk off or I would have been able to see more. What's this thing for? Thanks.
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

It's for the optional 12V power plug in the front trunk. Because it's not connected you don't have that option.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

When I had my 2011, I ran connectors and wires to that plug and installed an outlet near the dash to power my GPS.

Lin
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That plug only turns on when you open the frunk how did you keep constant power to the plug when you installed your stuff? I know its on a switch .. Did you jump it or?

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    That plug only turns on when you open the frunk how did you keep constant power to the plug when you installed your stuff? I know its on a switch .. Did you jump it or?
    That plug is on all the time, not on a switch. It's the frunk light that's on a switch. That plug is fused together with the accessory outlet in the rear trunk. I didn't like the idea that the plug connectors were exposed to the elements - even though they had dielectric grease on them - and since I didn't hook it up to anything, I plugged the hole to keep it clean inside.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 05-19-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    That plug is on all the time, not on a switch. It's the frunk light that's on a switch. That plug is fused together with the accessory outlet in the rear trunk. I didn't like the idea that the plug connectors were exposed to the elements, and since I didn't hook it up to anything, I plugged the hole to keep it clean inside.
    OOps your right..

Spyder Garage

Well thanks guys. I wasn't losing much sleep over it but it's nice to know. Whenever I take the trunk off I'll have to do something with it. Can't let it go unused!
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    Well thanks guys. I wasn't losing much sleep over it but it's nice to know. Whenever I take the trunk off I'll have to do something with it. Can't let it go unused!
    I actually found I had access to it from the left side by the wheel and through the A-arm without removing the front trunk. Maybe mine was hanging out there where it should not have been.

Lin
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    I actually found I had access to it from the left side by the wheel and through the A-arm without removing the front trunk. Maybe mine was hanging out there where it should not have been.

Lin
    I could touch it from the same point. With one hand. That was as far as the hand could go. So without a second hand in there, there was not much I could do. You see I had to use a dowel just to turn it to get a picture. That's ok, it gives me something to think about!
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited