Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    You are correct about an absolute ambush. There isn't much you can do about it. However, a face to face confrontation is different. I am willing to take a few cuts to get off a shot, rather than to die doing nothing except being a victim. With the proper training and practice you will be surprised how you can turn the tables on an assailant.
    I honestly never intended this to be a 'gun' thread...oh well...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    BANG!! YOUR IT! Mac
    that would be my plan as well...
    As far as not being able to identify the "bad guys": that's what Situational Awareness is all about!

It even works if you're only armed with an evolved sense of fear, and some really good sneakers!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I honestly never intended this to be a 'gun' thread...oh well...
    Pete, your threads tend to take on a life of their own.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

You are correct about an absolute ambush. There isn't much you can do about it. However, a face to face confrontation is different. I am willing to take a few cuts to get off a shot, rather than to die doing nothing except being a victim. With the proper training and practice you will be surprised how you can turn the tables on an assailant.
    What HE said!! Mac

Spyder Garage

Johnsimion:
    I do keep one under my bed because if anyone enters my house, my alarm and locked bedroom door will give me the time I need to respond and actually use it. But concealed carry in public? That's illogical paranoia. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Man, I was hoping to move to L.V. when my house sold. If you have to keep your "bedroom" door locked, I'd better re-think my decision. I knew that L.V. crime rates were higher than where I live (and I'm a native Californian, so I'm used to crime), I just didn't think I would have to go to those extremes! Mac
    Last edited by Mad Mac; 05-17-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Johnsimion: I do keep one under my bed because if anyone enters my house, my alarm and locked bedroom door will give me the time I need to respond and actually use it. But concealed carry in public? That's illogical paranoia. No thanks.
    Man, I was hoping to move to L.V. when my house sold. If you have to keep your "bedroom" door locked, I'd better re-think my decision. I knew that L.V. crime rates were higher than where I live (and I'm a native Californian, so I'm used to crime), I just didn't think I would have to go to those extremes! Mac[/QUOTE]

No, that's not why he keeps his bedroom door locked....
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Man, I was hoping to move to L.V. when my house sold. If you have to keep your "bedroom" door locked, I'd better re-think my decision. I knew that L.V. crime rates were higher than where I live (and I'm a native Californian, so I'm used to crime), I just didn't think I would have to go to those extremes! Mac
    No, that's not why he keeps his bedroom door locked....[/QUOTE

NOW I GET IT, or maybe I should have worded it differently. Darn!! Mac
    Last edited by Mad Mac; 05-17-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

No, that's not why he keeps his bedroom door locked....[/QUOTE

NOW I GET IT, or maybe I should have worded it differently. Darn!! Mac
    At the moment I have my grown son and my brother-in-law and his wife all under my roof, so that's part of it.
    However, the point about the crime rate is, regrettably, somewhat true. The neighbor who lives directly behind me had a guy try to break in right in the middle of the day -- unsuccessful, he couldn't break through the door but he did make a nice video on the Ring doorbell and is now serving time for his crime. We've also had people smashing vehicle windows to steal stuff. And this is a well-off gated community far away from the "bad" areas. However, I came here from Lee's Summit, Missouri and my next-door neighbor there had both his boat AND an ATV stolen from in front of his house. All these have been either "easy" crimes (or they thought they'd be easy). I don't know anyone in either place who's had a serious break-in where there was a security door or even anyone whose house was entered through a window. They exist but they're not really common. I suspect there is no place in America that is really that much worse than another.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

When I played football in the A.F. in the 80's, I could do the 40 in just under 3.5 seconds. I think he did the 100 in LESS than that!!
    Mac

The world record in the 40 yard dash is over 4 seconds ............. No way in hell you ran it in under 3.5..............

Don't worry, I hear stuff like this daily on a few of these posters favorite channel...............CNN.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    At the moment I have my grown son and my brother-in-law and his wife all under my roof, so that's part of it.
    However, the point about the crime rate is, regrettably, somewhat true. The neighbor who lives directly behind me had a guy try to break in right in the middle of the day -- unsuccessful, he couldn't break through the door but he did make a nice video on the Ring doorbell and is now serving time for his crime. We've also had people smashing vehicle windows to steal stuff. And this is a well-off gated community far away from the "bad" areas. However, I came here from Lee's Summit, Missouri and my next-door neighbor there had both his boat AND an ATV stolen from in front of his house. All these have been either "easy" crimes (or they thought they'd be easy). I don't know anyone in either place who's had a serious break-in where there was a security door or even anyone whose house was entered through a window. They exist but they're not really common. I suspect there is no place in America that is really that much worse than another.
    When I lived in CA(Riverside). I had a garage full of m/c's(race bike(s) & street bike), boat, sand-rail and plenty of tools. I had every thing chained down, including the roll-a-way(s), and all the tools that could have been used to "compromise" the chain and/or the locks, were hidden.
    The morning we we're to hit the road for Wisc., our neighbor got hit and a TV and stereo got lifted. We want to move to L.V. to be closer to the kids/grandkids and are looking for a gated/senior complex somewhere SW of the center of the city. We need to get out of the "snow belt" and someplace with more going on and things to do in our Golden Years since we are both retired. Plan on checking on some areas this summer. Mac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I lived in CA(Riverside). I had a garage full of m/c's(race bike(s) & street bike), boat, sand-rail and plenty of tools. I had every thing chained down, including the roll-a-way(s), and all the tools that could have been used to "compromise" the chain and/or the locks, were hidden.
    The morning we we're to hit the road for Wisc., our neighbor got hit and a TV and stereo got lifted. We want to move to L.V. to be closer to the kids/grandkids and are looking for a gated/senior complex somewhere SW of the center of the city. We need to get out of the "snow belt" and someplace with more going on and things to do in our Golden Years since we are both retired. Plan on checking on some areas this summer. Mac
    Try St. GEORGE, Utah
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    The world record in the 40 yard dash is over 4 seconds ............. No way in hell you ran it in under 3.5..............

Don't worry, I hear stuff like this daily on a few of these posters favorite channel...............CNN.
    OK, OK, I might have fudged a little. Sounded good in theory! Maybe it was 10 seconds!!!Mac
    P.S. I don't watch CNN at all!!

Spyder Garage

Try St. GEORGE, Utah
    Been thru there a couple of times on a GW and . Beautiful and very scenic. Even ridden thru Bryce & Zion Natl. Parks on both. Mac

Spyder Garage

Default Could be

Could be you have an ad blocker. here is a list of things you could try hopefully it helps

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...screen-easily/

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    As usual, cannot see anything but the blank, black, screen. And--I do pay my internet bills.

Since I can't see them, I will just have to reply by saying avoid Midtown, Mountain View and the Spenard neighborhoods in Anchorage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post

When I was in high school I was able to run the 40 yards in 3 ................ oh wait, you meant seconds, not minutes
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Running? Isn't that what people who don't own Spyders have to do?

Spyder Garage

Default How to survive...

...a knife attack MADE ME LAUGH! But I think I would bring a gun to a knife fight...unless you're Gibbs...
    Gibbs knife.jpg

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rule 9...

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pete, your threads tend to take on a life of their own.
    It's true!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Either you know how to plant seeds or fertilize ?