Spyder Garage

Default Low budget hi viz suggestions for an F3-T suggestions

Does anybody have suggestions on how to make an F3-T more visible, especially when viewed from side mirrors on cars, with a maximum budget of $200? I prefer things that looks OK, but anything easily removable is fair game. Anything electric would need to be installed by the dealer. Since labor has to be included, I am assuming electric is a non-starter, but I have to ask. I am also open to well ventilated vest that look decent (I have one that looks great but is almost windproof).

I have an all black F3-T, and just ordered an all black helmet (Can Am). While I have a hi viz jacket, the sleeves are all black and they block of a lot of the yellow when you look sideways. I was planning on buying another hi viz helmet, but then found the helmet I wanted for $200 less. That gives me $200 to spend.

Thoughts?

Thanks for responses.
    Last edited by gnorthern; 05-16-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Go to Spyderpops web sight.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnorthern View Post
    Does anybody have suggestions on how to make an F3-T more visible, especially when viewed from side mirrors on cars, with a maximum budget of $200? I prefer things that looks OK, but anything easily removable is fair game. Anything electric would need to be installed by the dealer. Since labor has to be included, I am assuming electric is a non-starter, but I have to ask. I am also open to well ventilated vest that look decent (I have one that looks great but is almost windproof).

I have an all black F3-T, and just ordered an all black helmet (Can Am). While I have a hi viz jacket, the sleeves are all black and they block of a lot of the yellow when you look sideways. I was planning on buying another hi viz helmet, but then found the helmet I wanted for $200 less. That gives me $200 to spend. Thoughts? Thanks for responses.
    The only thing I can think of would be a portable self-contained battery-powered light. Maybe even mounted on your helmet. The advantage to that would be a bright light that is up high and constantly flickering and therefore more visible.

http://road.cc/content/review/216132...e-helmet-light

https://www.amazon.com/Topside-Helme.../dp/B01M3YP1FO
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-16-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    Go to Spyderpops web sight.
    What do they have there that does not require hard-wiring into the bike's electrical system?
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-16-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Save more money so you can afford more lights.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Tron?

There are few variations after the movie "Tron" with light pipes on helmets & jackets, most are not in the specified budget , but reduced custom amount may work for ya? I like my TricLed fendez lights on fender , even have the blinker module. Well worth the extra$$ IMHO

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    What do they have there that does not require hard-wiring into the bike's electrical system?
    Actually something like this should come in at less than $200. http://spyderpops.com/bright-spyclop...ll-f3-spyders/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Actually something like this should come in at less than $200. http://spyderpops.com/bright-spyclop...ll-f3-spyders/
    They're not as bright in daylight as they appear in that picture. But, it's your money.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Save more money so you can afford more lights.
    Yup! Cannot have to many lights. The helmet idea is also good. I float between yellow, silver, and white. I consider the yellow and white to be "hi viz." The white also helps keep the heat reflection off.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A while back I saw some 3 M black reflective (adhesive backed) material. I'm guessing they still make it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    A while back I saw some 3 M black reflective (adhesive backed) material. I'm guessing they still make it.
    He said he wanted to show up in rear-view mirrors of cars. I'm not sure if this will do it or not. He didn't seem to like my idea of the helmet light. Oh well.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default led's

large (91).jpg SAM_1153.jpg
    LITES, LITES & more LITES.....
    and don't be so hesitant to connect rite 2 the battery.... don't 4get the FUSE....
    dp
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    large (91).jpg SAM_1153.jpg
    LITES, LITES & more LITES.....
    and don't be so hesitant to connect rite 2 the battery.... don't 4get the FUSE....
    dp
    SPYD3R
    He has only $200 to spend and that includes labor to install since he can't do it himself I guess.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default LITES

He has only $200 to spend and that includes labor to install since he can't do it himself I guess.
    MY LITES AT THE WHEELS are LED's, and cost me $34 on eBay...
    if he comes to my shop, i'll install them for FREE....
    dp
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

MY LITES AT THE WHEELS are LED's, and cost me $34 on eBay...if he comes to my shop, i'll install them for FREE....dp SPYD3R
    That's a generous offer. Good for you!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

He said he wanted to show up in rear-view mirrors of cars. I'm not sure if this will do it or not. He didn't seem to like my idea of the helmet light. Oh well.
    I liked your idea until I started thinking about how to attach it. Since it attaches to the vent holes of a bicycle helmet, the only solution I thought of and scratched was lots of duct tape.

I am open to suggestions on how to attach it that do not involve cutting or puncturing my helmet.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I liked your idea until I started thinking about how to attach it. Since it attaches to the vent holes of a bicycle helmet, the only solution I thought of and scratched was lots of duct tape. I am open to suggestions on how to attach it that do not involve cutting or puncturing my helmet.
    Ok, now I understand. Thanks for the explanation.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Three that come to mind are (a) hi-viz helmet, (b) a safety flag like they sell for bikes, and (c) adding red reflective safety tape everywhere that headlights might illuminate. The hi-viz helmet is the easiest and best because it is really bright and noticeable AND it's also the highest point on your Spyder -- your head. My wife and I wear them and I've actually had motorists comment to me at an intersection how much they like them and how visible we are. The safety flag will also make them notice you because it's high and it waves around and it makes people wonder what it is.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

MY LITES AT THE WHEELS are LED's, and cost me $34 on eBay...
    if he comes to my shop, i'll install them for FREE....
    dp
    SPYD3R
    Very generous. I may have to make a trip to South Carolina.

I did read directions for a few of the lights on spyderpops, which assume the installer knows how to remove panels. What I have not done yet is look on Spyderlovers to see if anybody has posted those directions, or look for a YouTube video. Otherwise it sounds simple since there is plug-in for user installed accessories.
    Last edited by gnorthern; 05-17-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very generous. I may have to make a trip to Utah.

I did read directions for a few of the lights on spyderpops, which assume the installer knows how to remove panels. What I have not done yet is look on Spyderlovers to see if anybody has posted those directions, or look for a YouTube video. Otherwise it sounds simple since there is plug-in for user installed accessories.
    The single greatest improvement at the front is LED headlights. They are plug and play.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

on Amazon is a usb powered 5 foot light strip called Lumin-noodle--and if you could jerryrig somehow on /around the spyder it seems like a s-ton of lumens for the money--it was a kickstarter project for things like outdoor camping

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Yup! Cannot have to many lights. The helmet idea is also good. I float between yellow, silver, and white. I consider the yellow and white to be "hi viz." The white also helps keep the heat reflection off.
    Last edited by Petrom714; 05-17-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Install LED fog fender lights. About $20 plus wire.

Full write up here: >CLICK ME<

Last edited by Rattlebars; 06-02-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey