Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Tools for schools - what a great thing HF is doing

We think high school skilled trades teachers are worth a million bucks. Actually, we think they're priceless. And that's why we're excited to announce that we've doubled this year's Harbor Freight Tools for Schools Prize for Teaching Excellence to $1 million!
    A few months ago, I shared with you stories of the amazing skilled trades high school teachers who won last year's prize. We were so inspired by their commitment and passion for teaching that we wanted to do more. This year, we're awarding more than $1 million in prizes to even more outstanding skilled trades teachers and their public high schools.
    Three first-place winners and their schools will receive $100,000 ($30,000 to the teacher or teacher team, and $70,000 to their high school's skilled trades program), and 15 second-place winners will receive $50,000 ($15,000 to the teacher or teacher team, and $35,000 to their high school's skilled trades program).
    We've seen firsthand the impact that skilled trades teachers in this country are making in the lives of students. They're teaching them how to repair cars, how to weld, how to build houses, how to install electrical systems and plumbing, the list goes on and on. These educators are giving our young people tangible skills that lead to great jobs after high school graduation.
    Skilled trades teachers are heroes, and it's time to recognize them. If you're a skilled trades teacher at a U.S. public high school, please apply. And if you know a great skilled trades teacher, please forward this message to them and encourage them to apply.
    Applications are open now through July 6 at hftforschoolsprize.org. Stay up to date on the latest prize news on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
    We can't wait to shine a spotlight on the great work that these teachers are doing!
    Sincerely,

Eric Smidt
    Founder
    Harbor Freight Tools for Schools, LLC
    Harbor Freight Tools for Schools, LLC, is an affiliate of The Smidt Foundation
    For more information, please visit: https://harborfreighttoolsforschools.org/.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike Rowe has talked about this for years: it's nice to see that something is being done about it.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Yup! The Industrial Arts were a very big thing and still should be. Not everyone is or wants to be a computer geek. Glad to hear that HF is stepping up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think it is a great thing they are doing but i hope they don't use harbor freight tools at a shop class, the tools strip & break too easily.

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome...!!

Grand gesture that will no doubt help out as stocking a good shop is expensive...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    I think it is a great thing they are doing but i hope they don't use harbor freight tools at a shop class, the tools strip & break too easily.
    I think they are coming out with a more robust line of tools for the 'professional'. I understand what you mean about the quality and durability of their standard tools - it's hit or miss. Some have been extremely good value considering their price, while others have been a disappointment.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

There are many kids who would be best served in the Trades. A university degree is not a guarantee to a career. I got a BS (Literally) degree and had to go back to community college to get a career kicked off.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great program, although I was never into their tools.

Spyder Garage

Guess I retired too early.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow