Spyder Garage

Post New owner of 2016 RT-S Special Edition

Hello all,

New member as of April 2018, I was asking about 2013 RT Limited… was going to purchase…thank you all for the feedback. Ended up with a 2016 RT-S Special Edition, purchased used with 344 miles and extended warranty, extra windshield (going to sell), Baja Ron Sway Bar, cover, helmet, adjustable handlebars.

Rode it 1200 miles up and down California coast---LA to central coast to San Diego. Shipped out of San Diego via Pasha to Hawaii-- Oahu, very good service from them. Had small glitch, on ride to drop at shipper… of course… couldn’t happen in the 10 previous days I was riding around. Bike would not go into reverse…. Detoured to Bert’s Megamall in Covina California, there service was outstanding! Took it right in, plugged in, and gave bike complete once over. Was the reverse solenoid sticking, they manually worked it--- tested it for 1 hour in and out of reverse--- rode it… all good. Bert’s service was awesome… definition of customer service.

Riding impressions:

FUN! Comfortable, smooth, safe
    Rode LA freeways, city streets, up to San Luis Obispo .. down to San Diego…. Very stable at 75mph… very stable at any MPH!! Trucks wind blast did not affect me, nor did wind in general. Was stuck in traffic several times, never had a heat issue… fans worked--- temp gauge never went past just below half. Rode in twisties quite a bit. Rode it till nanny kicked in….very impressed. My back ground is life long motocross… just ride a street bike to be on a bike when not on the dirt blasting, so riding style can be aggressive… this thing can give you some G forces. That said, it’s no Yamaha R1M—other bike. but I love it for what it is. Sofa with wheels, cool looking. I find it much easier to ride due to concentration on traffic and the chaos of moving… but not worrying about every road imperfection, railroad tracks, potholes. like you do on 2 wheels. You still are scanning, but sometimes you hit something that was unavoidable. and it takes it like a car! Harder to dodge roadkill or dodge anything since you have to thread it between the front wheel and back wheel—unlike a bike or car--- little harder to dodge stuff.
    Workmanship seems to be good. Had it up on jack and looked it over top to bottom, on top of endless hours of YouTube and internet surfing to see every detail of bike. Also have service manual which is a great study guide.

Been riding in Honolulu traffic and all over the beautiful island of Oahu… and its da bomb! When in heavy rain, if its heading at you… and your moving --- you stay dry. except for top of helmet… no big deal… haven’t figured out how to do presets for radio yet---- but not that important… mainly listen to pandora in helmet Bluetooth headsets. Thanks again everyone for the feedback on a 2013. glad I went with the newer model. Oh and… if I take awhile to respond back… please be patient…. I’m out riding… year-round!!

Spyder Garage

Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome and congrats !

Spyder Garage

Default Jealous

Keep riding and enjoy that Spyder - year round - JEALOUS HERE
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Congrats Brudda!
    2015 RT-S Special Series BajaRons bar w/heim links, Spyderpops bumpskid, Lamonster's - Dual power plate w/gps swivel, NBV pegs, IPS lidlox & key cover, Spyder cuff w/holder, Perf cat-delete pipe w/ BC Thunder QQ baffle, Ultra brt LED fog & headlights. TricLED safety bundle & Wide Vu, Stebel horn, Akrapovic sport exhaust, Ultimate Croc inlay seat, BRP passenger armrests, BRP air scoop, ISCI handbrake, 23" vent windshield, Garmin 595 GPS w/Kradellock, Magic mirrors.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Owner

Enjoy the ride and the Miles of Smiles.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

Congratulations on your new ryde.Great review on your coastal tour. Glad you got everything checked out before you shipped out. Enjoy...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Riding in Paradise is pretty great. I am one of the few that did a rental Spyder (when they still had them) and rode the Hana Highway in Maui.

Those are some good memories.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder purchase and to the spyder web. Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

When my Spyder was upside down they got her back up and running!
    Great service!IMG_4134.jpgIMG_1325.jpg

Nice to know you had a wonderful ride in Cali.