Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NOT TO BE POLITICAL, BUT I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND

with the protest/riot in palestine about the new embassy location, what do the protesters hope to gain? fire, throwing rocks and other
    such things what is there to gain and why bring little little children?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This post just has to get political - I'm not about to point out the obvious, but merely comment that this is not a simple issue, nor is the us embassy relocation just a building move.

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Al…
    Ticking Time Bomb: remove the thread!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

History is rife with examples of groups and/or whole societies that have been marginalized or regulated to the sidelines who feel that their only option is to rebel or fight back, sometimes in ways that we question as having any semblance of value, let alone common sense.

Oftentimes, years of struggle that yield little or no results lead to desperate and extreme actions. When the struggle seems to become an exercise in futility, the actions become more frequent and any injuries suffered become a justification for more extreme actions in the future.

If there is no resolution to the issue, the situation can devolve to become volatile enough to cause others to join in and utter chaos can ensue.

I believe that is pretty much the situation that has come about between the Palestinians and the rest of the world, especially Israel.

To us, their actions make absolutely no sense. To them, it is a matter akin to our Revolution.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm not asking the political views or reasons but what do these people hope to accomplish? do they believe the other side will listen
    in any way when met with violence? i don't care about the political views but the news said babies are there, why would you bring your baby with you, what will that accomplish?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You cannot view this issue without looking at international politics. You can say it, but it is impossible.

Possibly they didn't expect live fire...at them

So much I would like to say ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To understand it you would have to go way back into history and even then it depends on which side of the fence your on

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    with the protest/riot in palestine about the new embassy location, what do the protesters hope to gain? fire, throwing rocks and other
    Blind hatred bred from infancy. It has popped up in many if not all cultures in one form or another. Few have taken it to this level, however. Yet it has been coming from this same source for over 1,000 years.

With this kind of consistency and longevity. It's difficult to hope that it will be resolved anytime soon.

Politics is an outgrowth of the culture. And the culture is simply religion externalized.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    History is rife with examples of groups and/or whole societies that have been marginalized or regulated to the sidelines who feel that their only option is to rebel or fight back, sometimes in ways that we question as having any semblance of value, let alone common sense.

Oftentimes, years of struggle that yield little or no results lead to desperate and extreme actions. When the struggle seems to become an exercise in futility, the actions become more frequent and any injuries suffered become a justification for more extreme actions in the future.

If there is no resolution to the issue, the situation can devolve to become volatile enough to cause others to join in and utter chaos can ensue.

I believe that is pretty much the situation that has come about between the Palestinians and the rest of the world, especially Israel.

To us, their actions make absolutely no sense. To them, it is a matter akin to our Revolution.
    Very concise explanation!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post

It may seem so to 'them'. But in our revolution we did not seek to destroy the British nation. Nor did we chant, 'Death to all Englishmen'.

According to their own, oft declared goals. These people are not seeking freedom as their primary purpose. But the extinguishment of every Jew worldwide. More akin to Hitler's 'Revolution' than ours, I'd say.

In any case. It is a very sad and unnecessary situation. If things go well with the North Korean's and they decide to join the world in peace. The Palestinians may want to take note. But does anyone expect that they will?

It's hard to negotiate with a group of people who's primary and unwavering goal is your extinction... Once this is understood. I think their actions become much more understandable.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a good question, actually. Difficult to understand from our narrow perspective here in the US. Maybe look to our civil rights protests of the 60s and many other instances of people risking their lives for a cause. Sometimes, their situation seems to be so hopeless, and their future so bleak, they feel they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The question in my mind is: why do Israelis feel so threatened by unarmed (except by rocks) protesters they feel obliged and entitled to kill them? But, that would be political (i.e. governmental) as I doubt any of the Israeli soldiers are firing on protesters on their own initiative.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-15-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    According to their own, oft declared goals. These people are not seeking freedom as their primary purpose. But the extinguishment of every Jew worldwide. More akin to Hitler's 'Revolution' than ours, I'd say. It's hard to negotiate with a group of people who's primary and unwavering goal is your extinction... Once this is understood. I think their actions become much more understandable.
    With all due respect, your response is to the politics of the situation. OP was asking, from a human standpoint, what are these people hoping to accomplish and why bring infants to the fray?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For the "Photo Opps" that inevitably ensue...
    They don't value Life in the same way that we do...

Spyder Garage

The conflict goes back over 5,000 years. We watched Exodus last night so that Linda could put together some of the underlying things. Three nations fighting over the same land that they all believe was given to them by their God. The battle continues to go on. According to the scriptures, the place will be in turmoil until the end.

Today, the technology just makes the photo ops that much easier to accomplish. My only comment--they need to leave the children at home.

Not planning any visits to the area in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-15-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    With all due respect, your response is to the politics of the situation. OP was asking, from a human standpoint, what are these people hoping to accomplish and why bring infants to the fray?
    As I said. Politics are the natural outcome of a particular society. And any society is the natural outcome of their religion. When your religion commands you to kill a certain group of people by any means possible. You use any means possible. If you believe that bringing infants to the fray will gain you, say, International sympathy and make your adversary look evil. Then why not?

If we are looking for answers and understanding here. We can't do it by leaving universal facts off the table.

Spyder Garage

The protesters don't hope to accomplish anything. They're just blowing off steam, and because this isn't supposed to get political, I'm not going into the reasons WHY they're angry. And it's also not political to state my disgust with the Israelis for shooting them with live ammunition instead of using nonlethal methods to defend the border. Have the Israelis ever heard of things like barbed wire, rubber bullets, and tear gas? How do they ever expect to resolve the situation at the border when they needlessly escalated it like this?
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

When your religion commands you to kill a certain group of people by any means possible. You use any means possible.
    Is that why the Israelis used live ammunition to control the riots? That their religion commanded them to kill the Palestinian protesters at the border?
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    The protesters don't hope to accomplish anything. They're just blowing off steam, and because this isn't supposed to get political, I'm not going into the reasons WHY they're angry. And it's also not political to state my disgust with the Israelis for shooting them with live ammunition instead of using nonlethal methods to defend the border. Have the Israelis ever heard of things like barbed wire, rubber bullets, and tear gas? How do they ever expect to resolve the situation at the border when they needlessly escalated it like this?

So trying to kill people with rocks and other objects is just considered blowing off steam ???????
    Last edited by Holly; 05-15-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As I said. Politics are the natural outcome of a particular society. And any society is the natural outcome of their religion. When your religion commands you to kill a certain group of people by any means possible. You use any means possible. If you believe that bringing infants to the fray will gain you, say, International sympathy and make your adversary look evil. Then why not? If we are looking for answers and understanding here. We can't do it by leaving universal facts off the table.
    I agree somewhat. What about non-religious societies such as Russia?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Is that why the Israelis used live ammunition to control the riots? That their religion commanded them to kill the Palestinian protesters at the border?
    I don't believe religion is the reason for this conflict. I think it's pure politics and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Politics = the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-15-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BTW, thanks for the way you phrased the question. We tend to forget about the individuals involved when viewing global conflicts like this one.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i don't care about the political views but the news said babies are there, why would you bring your baby with you, what will that accomplish?
    It is an emotional response to an emotional issue.
    Logic and reason don't apply.

And then......you can't fix stupidity.