Thread: new gas cap

Spyder Garage

Default new gas cap

I've been searching for a new gas cap that has the flip cover over the hole so you do not have to remove the cap without success. Anyone know where to get one? Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default gas cap

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    I've been searching for a new gas cap that has the flip cover over the hole so you do not have to remove the cap without success. Anyone know where to get one? Thanks, Mike
    check e-bay for PermaCap II .............. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks, just ordered it. Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

What vehicle do you order this for to fit our Spyder ..? Great idea ..!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SIZE

Quote Originally Posted by Dmetcalf View Post
    What vehicle do you order this for to fit our Spyder ..? Great idea ..!
    I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllly don't think it matters ........... If the cap has the large THREADS ( and almost all do - like cars /trks etc. ) they will fit our Spyders ( any Spyders made ) I have used or tried dozens of gas caps on various vehicles over the years and have NEVER found one that didn't fit a vehicle it wasn't specified for ......... All gas caps of the THREADED variety are made as a Standard size/shape ......I've used a Saab cap on a Ford gas tank for years ......they are all the same ....imho ..... in fact I used a PermaCapII listed as fitting a Corvette on my RSS for years ........Mike

Spyder Garage

I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllly don't think it matters ........... If the cap has the large THREADS ( and almost all do - like cars /trks etc. ) they will fit our Spyders ( any Spyders made ) I have used or tried dozens of gas caps on various vehicles over the years and have NEVER found one that didn't fit a vehicle it wasn't specified for ......... All gas caps of the THREADED variety are made as a Standard size/shape ......I've used a Saab cap on a Ford gas tank for years ......they are all the same ....imho ..... in fact I used a PermaCapII listed as fitting a Corvette on my RSS for years ........Mike
    Mike, when the cap on our RTL went bad(couldn't remove it without gripping it with both hands) and the dealer d/n have a replacement. We were leaving on a trip to Ca. and I d/n want to fight with it on the road, I noticed I had an old Jeep locking gas cap on the shelf in the garage and said, Hmmm..., so I put it on, screwed it down and it tightened all the way down to the gasket/flange, locked in-place and even unlocked by the key and spun off. It's still on there to this day! Mac

Spyder Garage

Had to remove the cap this week. It seems the line up of the on the fill hole and the hole in the cap with the cover that pushes down was too hard to line up (sometimes I had to loosen the cap 1/4 turn so the hinged lid would have the hinge on the top other wise the nozzle would not go into the fill hole--I know that sounds weird). The last time at a Shell station I had to play with it for 20 minutes or so with people in line waiting to get the nozzle out of the hole. Thought I was gonna have to break the cap. I'm gonna look into diff ideas out there to fill her up without lifting the seat which my wife isn't crazy about anyway.
    Will it ever stop--NO