Spyder Garage

Default Flags to Half Staff - Peace Officer's Memorial Day

Fly the United States Flag at Half-Staff on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 in Honor of Peace Officers Memorial Day 2018

Peace Officers Memorial Day
    President John F. Kennedy declared the first Peace Officers Memorial Day on May 15, 1962, as a tribute to peace officers and in honor of peace officers who, through their courageous deeds, lost their lives or became disabled in the line of duty. This day has been observed in our country annually ever since.

On this day, and every day, it is fitting to honor those peace officers who gave their lives to protect ours, and to thank the law enforcement officers who serve for their dedication and service to our communities.

In accordance with Flag Code section 7(m), the United States flag is to be displayed at half-staff for the entire day in honor of Peace Officers Memorial Day, Tuesday, May 15, 2018. By a joint resolution approved October 1, 1962, as amended (76 Stat. 676), and by Public Law 103-322, as amended (36 U.S.C. 136-137), the President has been authorized and requested to designate May 15 of each year as "Peace Officers Memorial Day" and the week in which it falls as "Police Week."

Personally having served only 6 years as a USAF Law Enforcement Officer, (a fairly cushy leo position) I'm really impressed with those who can stick out a full career in law enforcement.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank God for the thin Blue line. Past and present.
    Last edited by Saluda; 05-14-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the reminder.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic