Spyder Garage

Default Soft saddlebag question

I have the Cortech saddlebags. Right now the straps are over the seat; I had extenders sewn on. When placing the straps under the seat, I know the seat will need to be adjusted up. If I remove the bags, does the seat have to be lowered to prevent any wobble? Or, can it be left up?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I have the Cortech saddlebags. Right now the straps are over the seat; I had extenders sewn on. When placing the straps under the seat, I know the seat will need to be adjusted up. If I remove the bags, does the seat have to be lowered to prevent any wobble? Or, can it be left up?

If your just running the stock seat just adjust the locking pin in the front out some and it will be fine both with the saddle bags under the seat as well as with them not under the seat.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zzneonzz View Post
    If your just running the stock seat just adjust the locking pin in the front out some and it will be fine both with the saddle bags under the seat as well as with them not under the seat.
    That is exactly what I did, I adjusted the pin just like the one on the trunk. the other thing I did with my Cortech bags to make an easier fit under the seat was to cut the neoprene protective straps in half. I then slid half of each strap down each side. This was I was still protecting my spyder paint but not trying to stretch it all the under the seat. It made it easier to put the bags on and off and also less bulk under the seat for closing it.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.