Spyder Garage

Default Key won't open F3 seat

The key opens the frunk fine.....nothing when I try the seat! I've tried pushing on it when turning the key but no luck. Any thoughts other than driving to the dealer?

When this happened on my previous RT & long screwdriver got me to the latch. Any similar way with an F3??

TIA for your help......
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield, BRP Belt Tensioner, 2018 Triton GU10 trailer to haul it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shroth View Post
    The key opens the frunk fine.....nothing when I try the seat! I've tried pushing on it when turning the key but no luck. Any thoughts other than driving to the dealer?

When this happened on my previous RT & long screwdriver got me to the latch. Any similar way with an F3??

TIA for your help......
    Press down and turn the key opposite from when you open the frunk
    2016 Spyder F3-L Special Series
    2016 Spyder RT Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The key opens the frunk fine.....nothing when I try the seat! I've tried pushing on it when turning the key but no luck. .
    Somebody posted the same question a day or so ago......you ??

Anynow, mine turns to the "seat" position really easily and the seat does not pop up; I need to lift UP on it slightly while turning the key for it to unlatch.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Somebody posted the same question a day or so ago......you ??

Anynow, mine turns to the "seat" position really easily and the seat does not pop up; I need to lift UP on it slightly while turning the key for it to unlatch.
    your is an RT and is question is about his F3.
    Seats are different.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

TIA for your help......
    I assume that you are talking about the rear seat (the front seat is bolted down), to remove the rear seat push in and turn your key to the right while gently lifting up the rear seat.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Shroth, Has the seat release ever worked for you, or has it just stopped working?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Takes two hands

When you turn the key to the right you have to lift the right rear corner of the seat while the key turned. When the key is released the seat is still locked. Don't feel bad As it took a couple of tries for me to figure that out.
    Dennis

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    your is an RT and is question is about his F3.
    Seats are different.
    Based on subsequent posts from 2 people who are familiar with the F3.......it would appear that the latches might not be much different though.

Spyder Garage

The seat used to work. I'll give it a go again tomorrow. If nothing works, my 3K service will be soon.

Thanks for the help that this group is always willing to give!!
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield, BRP Belt Tensioner, 2018 Triton GU10 trailer to haul it

Spyder Garage

Default Got it!!!!!!

Turning the key with a well timed thump of the fist on the rear seat did the trick.........so thankful it wasn't the cable like it was on my RT

Spyder Garage

Turning the key with a well timed thump of the fist on the rear seat did the trick.........so thankful it wasn't the cable like it was on my RT
    Ahhhhhhh.....another new seat release technique.... thanks shroth......great to see it’s free.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Darn! I was just gonna suggest a cement saw, eye protection, and !

Glad to hear you got it open OK!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags