Spyder Garage

Default Belt Tensioner for my RS

Well I finally bit the bullet and purchased a belt tensioer from Jim @ Smooth Spyder. Wow, what a difference that makes in removing all of the harmonics from your driveline. Jim's website name says it all.

I seem to be spacialy challenged when it comes to figuring out how something is supposed to mount. I did however finally get the orientation correct. What a beautifully engineered piece of equipment.

I am well pleased; just should have done this about 48,000 miles ago. Jim makes tensioners for all the model lines. So when I eventually trade up to a F-3 or an RT I will be able to take care of the harmonics early on rather than later.

Jim is a pleasure to work with, always kind of word and patient with your myriad idiotic questions. Another of the good guys to purchase your desired farkles from. Check him out. And no he didn't pay me to say this.

Al in Kazoo
    Last edited by IGETAROUND; 05-09-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Nice testimonial

Have had his tensioner since 2012. Know you got the new improved one but mine has done well for the last 40,000+ miles. Mine came with a fish scale to set the tension. Are the new ones adjustable..? Glad you finally went for one but bet you are the happiest one...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Belt Tensioner for my RS

Thanks Gene, yes the new ones are adjustable, just dial in the tension that you want. Yes I am very pleased, thanks.

Al
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White