Thread: Ecu flash

Spyder Garage

Default Ecu flash

Ecu Flash / Remapping

To any one who has done or has knowledge of this procedure of ECU Flash. My question is if I have a 2012 RTL with J T's air intake Cat Delete and Tailgunner Widowmaker full flow exhaust will my bike benefit in anyway by having this done. I'm unsure if it's as effective of an upgrade for the older models as it is according to many here on the site for the newer models thanks in advance or any advice or knowledge of this subject. Ride safe & keep farkling.

Spyder Garage

Get it done by the right mob, and an ECU Upgrade done on a V-twin will probably free up more from your Spyder than it'll ever free up from a 1330! Talk to Jase at rotaxracing@gmail.com
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks a bunch for your reply

Spyder Garage

Call Wick-It Performance in Louisiana and chat with those guys. I talked to them for about 15 min one time about the ecu flash. They're really knowledgeable and close to you also. They would be able to answer your question about the benefits of flashing your modded bike.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Spyder Garage

Default 150 hp Spyder 990 on E-bay

I saw a listing for a v-twin Spyder on E-bay that showed dyno results netting 150 hp. As I understand there is a lot of performance upgrade providers for the v-twin. But when the 1330 motor came out the performance industry was slow to react as the time invested vs the total number of 1330 units on the road scared them to sleep.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Will do thanks for the advise and wow 150 that be great lol well see thanks for cmmenting

Spyder Garage

Will give them a call thanks
    And wow 150 sounds awesome u wish anyhow thankyou all for the comeback

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default WOW....

A 150 hp v-twin! Well, if it was on the internet it must be true. I had a v-twin once with just about 100 hp, but it didn't last long. It soon found it's weakest link and unraveled itself from there. If you want gobs of HP, go buy something that's capable of containing it without exploding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    A 150 hp v-twin! Well, if it was on the internet it must be true. I had a v-twin once with just about 100 hp, but it didn't last long. It soon found it's weakest link and unraveled itself from there. If you want gobs of HP, go buy something that's capable of containing it without exploding.
    I agree, I ride a M109 and it has 100 hp and almost 100 Tq and there is no way a Spyder could beat it.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Default claimed to be the fastest

The Spyder 990 was from Minnesota and claimed to have $15,000 in performance upgrades. It had a Bat Mobile of a rear tire, totally trick. Probably for sale because the motor stressed?
    I had a modded Raider. About 115 hp and a ton of torque. My Raider would start faster off the line, ( couple of bike lengths) but I know my flashed F3L would pace it to about 115 mph. On my test rack my Raider only speed trapped out at 116 mph my Juiced F3L turns between 114 & 115 mph. My stock ZX10 turned 132 mph. Triumph speed triple 126 mph.
    I suspect your M109 would be about 115 mph on my test track as well.

My F3L has Elka suspension, sway bar, upgraded tires, performance exhaust, ECU flash and there is no way my Raider or your M109 could hang with what my three wheels and 130 hp can do through corners. I am back on full throttle a full second sooner in the corner exit, compounded with about a 3 mph cornering advantage over our Cruisers, equals pulling about 4 bike lengths. Straight aways and dead starts would be where we have a slight advantage.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I agree, I ride a M109 and it has 100 hp and almost 100 Tq and there is no way a Spyder could beat it.

Spyder Garage

I wish Vance Hines would make a FP3 for the Spyder. I installed one on my wifes Harley and it works so well and easy to remap using a phone app.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

Rotax made /makes engines for the Aprilla motorcycles and those come in higher horsepowers. One such engine is at over 140. Don't know that flashing your 100 hp or older 106 hp will get you up to 150 hp...There were a few spyders here in the US that were equiped with those aprilla egines...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Rotax made /makes engines for the Aprilla motorcycles and those come in higher horsepowers. One such engine is at over 140. Don't know that flashing your 100 hp or older 106 hp will get you up to 150 hp...There were a few spyders here in the US that were equiped with those aprilla egines...
    Nice thanks for thi info just was wondering if it be of any benefit I've spoken to wickit and they said it will we shall see