Spyder Garage

Default can't access the diff forums to post with google

Good Morning. I have always used Google to go to the forum and all of a sudden when I use Google and try to go to an individual forum to post a question it just flashes on the screen and goes to the chat room every time. It works okay with IE. Any ideas what happened? Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Have you shut down and restarted your computer? TS step #1... And I take it you're referring to Google Chrome browser when you wrote Google? Check to make sure you're using the latest Google Chrome version 67.0.3396.30 (Official Build) (As of today 5/9/2018) If not, go to the three dots in the upper right, then down to Help, then to About Google Chrome.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Good Morning. I have always used Google to go to the forum and all of a sudden when I use Google and try to go to an individual forum to post a question it just flashes on the screen and goes to the chat room every time. It works okay with IE. Any ideas what happened? Thanks, Mike
    Try clearing your cache and try again.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Have you shut down and restarted your computer? TS step #1... And I take it you're referring to Google Chrome browser when you wrote Google? Check to make sure you're using the latest Google Chrome version 67.0.3396.30 (Official Build) (As of today 5/9/2018) If not, go to the three dots in the upper right, then down to Help, then to About Google Chrome.
    Thanks, This is what it says and it always worked fine until now.
    Google Chrome is up to date

Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

Have you tried logging off and then logging back in to SL...? I use google chrome and never have this problem but this site has it's glitches from time to time....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

all of a sudden when I use Google and try to go to an individual forum to post a question it just flashes on the screen and goes to the chat room every time. It works okay with IE. Any ideas what happened? Thanks, Mike
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. You mean 'thread'? Or 'category'? And what do you mean by 'chat room'?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Have you tried logging off and then logging back in to SL...? I use google chrome and never have this problem but this site has it's glitches from time to time....
    Many, many times, it works with internet explorer
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. You mean 'thread'? Or 'category'? And what do you mean by 'chat room'?
    When I try to post to a particular forum when you click on forum and all the diff ones come up like RT, rs f3 or general. When I click on forum across the top it should bring up which forum to go to to read or post to, it flashed on the screen for a second and then goes to the Spyder chat.
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

When I first joined I never used to get instant notifications when a reply was posted to my post and I asked admin and they cn help. I always received replays on other forums so it had to be a problem with my ATT email and the forum but both denied it. So I changed my instant reply back to my gmail and it worked which is google. Now I'm having problems with the forum and google. As Roseanne Rosannadanna always said, what ya ya gonna do, it's always something
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I try to post to a particular forum when you click on forum and all the diff ones come up like RT, rs f3 or general. When I click on forum across the top it should bring up which forum to go to to read or post to, it flashed on the screen for a second and then goes to the Spyder chat.
    That is pretty weird. I use Google Chrome and I've never had anything like that happen on this website.

And, when you use IE, everything works as it's supposed to, huh?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

wmh9680, if you're still having the issue, open Chrome, go to the customize and Control Google Chrome (three dots) Go to Settings, Scroll Down to (and click) Advanced, scroll down to Reset and Cleanup, try just resetting Chrome, then close and re open it, and test. If that doesn't work, then go back to Reset and Cleanup, and Try the cleanup option. It's likely some setting has either corrupted on it's own, or been affected by some other malware/spyware/junkware.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    wmh9680, if you're still having the issue, open Chrome, go to the customize and Control Google Chrome (three dots) Go to Settings, Scroll Down to (and click) Advanced, scroll down to Reset and Cleanup, try just resetting Chrome, then close and re open it, and test. If that doesn't work, then go back to Reset and Cleanup, and Try the cleanup option. It's likely some setting has either corrupted on it's own, or been affected by some other malware/spyware/junkware.
    Thanks, reset worked. Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO