Spyder Garage

Thumbs down BRP Connect, aux audio input doesn't work

Just picked up the 2018 RT I ordered last November. Have had a 2016 RT since, well, 2016. On the 2016, I had a USB thumb drive with a huge music collection that I plugged into the rear compartment USB plug, chose AUX on the radio, and was good to go.
    Now with the 2018 machine, the new audio system 'user manual' (which is virtually non-existant) states that the USB plugs in the rear compartment are power charging only, and the USB plug in the front trunk is for both BRP Connect phone connection, as well as an AUX input. However, when I plug the USB stick into the front outlet and choose AUX as radio source, I see NOTHING. Called BRP, they are clueless.
    Any thoughts? I have web-searched for over a week for help, but no joy...
    Thx in advance!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leemanpa View Post
    Just picked up the 2018 RT I ordered last November. Have had a 2016 RT since, well, 2016. On the 2016, I had a USB thumb drive with a huge music collection that I plugged into the rear compartment USB plug, chose AUX on the radio, and was good to go.
    Now with the 2018 machine, the new audio system 'user manual' (which is virtually non-existant) states that the USB plugs in the rear compartment are power charging only, and the USB plug in the front trunk is for both BRP Connect phone connection, as well as an AUX input. However, when I plug the USB stick into the front outlet and choose AUX as radio source, I see NOTHING. Called BRP, they are clueless.
    Any thoughts? I have web-searched for over a week for help, but no joy...
    Thx in advance!!!

the Aux plug will not work with a USB stick, only a MP3 player

cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Yet one more thing the 2018 BRP Connect system cannot do that the older bikes did just fine.

Unfortunate.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame