Spyder Garage

Default Unable to unlock seat on my 2011 LRSS

When I turn the key to the gas symbol it doesnt engage, key moves freely. Turn to frunk and it engaged and frunk opens. I NEED GAS!!! Any advice or tricks to open?
    Currently Own: 2011 RS-S SM5 - BRP Comfort Seat, Juice Box Pro, Two Brothers Exhaust

Previously Owned: 1991 GS500E

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think there is info in the owners manual on opening the seat of the key latch doesn't work.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Two things: Make sure that you are pushing down on the key as you turn it - which you probably are anyway - and try pushing down on the seat in the latch area while turning the key. If you are feeling no resistance in the key while turning it, sounds like the cable maybe stretched, came loose, or (hope not) broke. I'm pretty sure that Mike (blueknight911) could give you some good ideas on how to get the seat open. You might try sending him a PM and ask for his advice. Another thought occurs to me - the post on the seat may need adjusting, but, the dang seat has to be open to do so. Good luck.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Two things: Make sure that you are pushing down on the key as you turn it - which you probably are anyway - and try pushing down on the seat in the latch area while turning the key. If you are feeling no resistance in the key while turning it, sounds like the cable maybe stretched, came loose, or (hope not) broke..
    Don't think is broken
    Currently Own: 2011 RS-S SM5 - BRP Comfort Seat, Juice Box Pro, Two Brothers Exhaust

Previously Owned: 1991 GS500E

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My key moves pretty freely......but the seat doesn't "pop up" and I have to pull UP on the seat slightly while turning the key.

Spyder Garage

We had issues once where the cable that the key actuated had stretched in a matter of speaking and wasn’t pulling the latch enough to release the seat pin
    were were able to get some of the plastic around the top and side around the seat to actuate the cable manually and re adjust it
    best of luck

Spyder Garage

Default Once I finally got mine to open...

I unscrewed the post so that it never happens again. If your frunk doesn't open, there is the cable you can pull from the left wheel well. No such animal for the seat. I'm sure someone will tell me why this shouldn't be done. But, no more issues. The wrong time for it to happen in AZ is during the summer in 117 degree heat while trying to gas up in Winkelman (yup, it did, try and find it on a map).

It was 110 today and I was on the freeway where it said the temp was 119!

2008 GS