Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Easy rear tire air....

Have posted the type of chuck that works best to fill the rear tire on a spyder several times before but see there are new faces asking so If you do it from home you can pick this chuck up at Harbor Freight cheap and some with the built in air guage with trigger fill...

20180507_094748.jpg 20180507_094735.jpg most gas stations that service trucks will have this style on their air pumps as well....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

& reminds me IMG_6347.jpg

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Have posted the type of chuck that works best to fill the rear tire on a spyder several times before but see there are new faces asking so If you do it from home you can pick this chuck up at Harbor Freight cheap and some with the built in air guage with trigger fill...

20180507_094748.jpg 20180507_094735.jpg most gas stations that service trucks will have this style on their air pumps as well....
    I have one of them and it does work great. It is hard to get on straight.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

I got a flexable extension that I bought at a HD dealer,works great.One end screws on the tire valve then you can move it any direction and check pressire or add air at the other end.

Spyder Garage

you can also pick these 90* adapters up at bicycle shops. makes rear tire pressure checks even easier with the gauge seen in the OP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Picked up one of these for my home compressor.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    The stem is rubber and flexes. You just start it at the angle pull it over with the chuck till it is straight and push in to fill.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    I have one of these and was wondering if I could use it to access it from the other side. Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On an RT, I haven't been able to approach the tire valve at that angle because of the body work. Have to slip between the pulley and the wheel with some chucks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The best solution, I will argue, is one of these from JT. http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=53. He's a sponsor here.
    DF-1-500x500.jpg

I made my own version. It balances the air pressure evenly when used on the front tires. Just use one end for the rear tire. The chuck slips onto the stem and locks on it. No fighting with getting the chuck square on the end of the valve stem. When you're finished filling just release the chuck off the stem.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

milton and others also have a pressure gauge shaped like that . works well. i use these
    on every thing to check pressure.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The best solution, I will argue, is one of these from JT. http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=53. He's a sponsor here.
    DF-1-500x500.jpg

I made my own version. It balances the air pressure evenly when used on the front tires. Just use one end for the rear tire. The chuck slips onto the stem and locks on it. No fighting with getting the chuck square on the end of the valve stem. When you're finished filling just release the chuck off the stem.
    Interesting product. Does it help with access to the rear?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Harley Davidson has the same access problem we do with the RT's on the Ultra and maybe their baggers as well.Anyway they make an extension that will allow you easy access to the valve stem on the rear. last time I checked it was 10.95. The air chuck Chupca showed is great at home,but sometimes you can't find on on the road,use the extension. Thanx for the reminder Chupaca

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Harley Davidson has the same access problem we do with the RT's on the Ultra and maybe their baggers as well.Anyway they make an extension that will allow you easy access to the valve stem on the rear. last time I checked it was 10.95. The air chuck Chupca showed is great at home,but sometimes you can't find on on the road,use the extension. Thanx for the reminder Chupaca
    https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...stem-extension
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Interesting product. Does it help with access to the rear?
    It does in that it's fairly easy to push the chuck onto the stem & you don't have to hold it on. It's a bit more difficult to pull it off than push on.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

It would be better if it had a push on chuck rather than screw on.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Default TWINS

DF-1-500x500.jpg

HEY, we must be twins or something....

here's mine, not as fancy, but as functional....
    20180508_120043.jpg
    made it for $30...
    on my 1st ride, i noticed a marked difference in handling....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I have a Harley within a couple miles. I like that one better than the 90 degree I have, which is only a couple of inches, and doesn't extend too far out.

Spyder Garage

Thats the one I use,works great.Easy to store.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I couldn't find the H-D one at a store, so I got this from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Accu-gage-Che...stem+extension
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post

HEY, we must be twins or something....

here's mine, not as fancy, but as functional....
    20180508_120043.jpg
    made it for $30...
    on my 1st ride, i noticed a marked difference in handling....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Mine's fancier!!!!

air hose.jpg

Push on chucks on the dual fill. Gauge can be used on either the hose or the pistol grip inflater. Adapters can be used to connect to most any air hose at any tire shop, whether the connector is automotive or tire valve. The pistol grip has an air release valve o it's easy to reduce pressure. The extra connector with the industrial adapter has a restricted flow path so that lets me safely use the pistol grip inflater for the air shock bag when needed.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine's fancier!!!!

air hose.jpg

Push on chucks on the dual fill. Gauge can be used on either the hose or the pistol grip inflater. Adapters can be used to connect to most any air hose at any tire shop, whether the connector is automotive or tire valve. The pistol grip has an air release valve o it's easy to reduce pressure. The extra connector with the industrial adapter has a restricted flow path so that lets me safely use the pistol grip inflater for the air shock bag when needed.
    I think this is the 'WHY KISS?' solution.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-09-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Mine's fancier!!!!

air hose.jpg

Do you actually carry that with you? It's a work of art, I guess. The HOSA LISA.

Spyder Garage

Default Valve stem extension hose.

I picked up a package of 4 valve extension hose on Amazon for around $10.00 and are about 6 inches long. They are made for semis to reach the valve stem on the inside wheel. Well made high pressure hose material with swaged fittings. Works like a charm for checking and filling the tires. I even put 2 together end to end and put it on the filler nipple for the rear shock air bag. Comes out right next to the back rest bracket. Makes it super easy to check or add air without having to take the seat off. Tucks in tight so the tip only shows, you don't even see it. Just pull it up some to use, then tuck it back down.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by always young View Post
    I picked up a package of 4 valve extension hose on Amazon for around $10.00 and are about 6 inches long. They are made for semis to reach the valve stem on the inside wheel. Well made high pressure hose material with swaged fittings. Works like a charm for checking and filling the tires. I even put 2 together end to end and put it on the filler nipple for the rear shock air bag. Comes out right next to the back rest bracket. Makes it super easy to check or add air without having to take the seat off. Tucks in tight so the tip only shows, you don't even see it. Just pull it up some to use, then tuck it back down.
    Got pics?
    2014 RTL Platinum