Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I want readers to know that I don't agree with the negative post on here about Pitbull Sports. All my dealings with everyone at the power sports business has been wonderful. I have bought several accessories there at past Spyderfests and all my questions were answered and I was treated well. This has been when the staff was very busy because of the large crowd attending Spyderfest.

The only other time I was at their business was a couple of years ago and I met the owner because he was near the front entrance when I came in on a slower midweek afternoon (compared to the large crowd at Spyder fest). I stopped in because my brake fluid low level warning light was coming on when I was using the brakes. I was on a trip to Branson that day. Within seconds of telling him my problem he had someone checking it out and when he found out I needed brake fluid, he had one of his techs add the amount I needed. He then told me because I didn't need a lot of fluid there was no charge. I was impressed with his caring attitude, his desire to get me back on the road, and his not wanting payment!

I am not affiliated with Pitbull in anyway and that was the only time I dealt with the owner directly. So it was not him trying to please someone he knew well; I was just an average person having a problem on the road that he helped with no expectations of money. Because of all my good experiences with them I have to strongly disagree with the negative post about them.

I didn't go to Spyder fest this year because of a family event that was the same weekend; so I can't rate this year's event. But I was there last year during the rains and I still had fun!

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest

I agree with a number of the comments on here about attitude, If you are ALWAYS looking for the negative situation you will find it. I for one don't like crowd's but have been wanting to go to Spyderfest since we started riding spyders 6 years ago. My work schedule has always kept me from going as it's a long haul and back from Oregon. It ALL changes this December and by hook or crook we are going in 2019 . We have made a number of smaller Rally's and have always enjoyed them. And we have made new friends every time. Spyders in the Redwoods was great and so was Red Rock. I have been part of putting on some very large events and worked my butt off so I always appreciate those that work to make a good time for someone else. I'm looking forward to showing Blueknight what great ribs taste like next year and meeting new friends. And if Mr. Denman is there I have a Pork-belly, stuffed with pork tenderloin roll that will send him to Nirvana.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, I have not been able to attend Spyderfest for the last few years. But I had tons of fun the years that I did go. Even the year that it rained nearly all the time. Everyone adjusted to the rain and we still had a great time.

I will never forget drag racing YAZZ! I think the Z's in her name stand for CraZZy! It was a blast!

I agree with those who say you make your own fun. Bottom line. It's all about the people you meet there.

I am hoping to make it next year.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Ron, The drags are on for next year and I'm glad you're able to make it. There's a few more tricks up my sleeve now, so you better watch out. (Insert green smily face)

Yup, it's all about the people.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Ron, The drags are on for next year and I'm glad you're able to make it. There's a few more tricks up my sleeve now, so you better watch out. (Insert green smily face)

Yup, it's all about the people.
    I hate getting beat! But getting beat by you would be just fine with me! I knew that night you would get better. Now I'm Sceart!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I hate getting beat! But getting beat by you would be just fine with me! I knew that night you would get better. Now I'm Sceart!
    It would be fun going to SpyderFest just for the drag races. Hope the weather allows for it next year.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    I agree with a number of the comments on here ..... I'm looking forward to showing Blueknight what great ribs taste like next year and meeting new friends. And if Mr. Denman is there I have a Pork-belly, stuffed with pork tenderloin roll that will send him to Nirvana.
    Daaaammmmnnnn EasySuper, Now I'm gonna come to SF '19.... I'm sure by then I'll be looking forward to meeting many others that I met in '17...
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Had a real good time!

This was our second Spyderfest and anyone that was at last years event would know that mother nature screwed that one up. But we still managed to have fun. Made some new friends both last year and this year. Sure, there were some things that did not go smooth as with any event of this magnitude. As far as the number to rate the event, I will give it a 4.5 (there is always room for improvement).

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

only had my spyder for 2 1/2 yrs. haven't been to any spyder events. living on soc sec can't really afford a weeks worth of hotel fees. and god forbid a major breakdown 1000 miles from the house. but you can bet your buns if I ever do get the chance to attend one of the big events I will enjoy myself, I will make sure of it. and that's a fact!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    only had my spyder for 2 1/2 yrs. haven't been to any spyder events. living on soc sec can't really afford a weeks worth of hotel fees. and god forbid a major breakdown 1000 miles from the house. but you can bet your buns if I ever do get the chance to attend one of the big events I will enjoy myself, I will make sure of it. and that's a fact!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Hey, a sailor can party bout anywhere!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Be very Sceart! I have very good mentors and hoping to show all y'all what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    It would be fun going to SpyderFest just for the drag races. Hope the weather allows for it next year.
    Next year we hope to get a rain-out date worked in.

Quote Originally Posted by acpd22 View Post
    This was our second Spyderfest and anyone that was at last years event would know that mother nature screwed that one up. But we still managed to have fun. Made some new friends both last year and this year. Sure, there were some things that did not go smooth as with any event of this magnitude. As far as the number to rate the event, I will give it a 4.5 (there is always room for improvement).
    Yup, it's all about the people...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

There were tensions, not found at previous SF's.
    To say otherwise or not say at all would be disingenuous.
    And, due to some ill health, spent the majority of the time in my room watching so much of the History Channel that I started to believe in Ancient Aliens.
    But the fact of the matter is simply this.
    Spyderfest is not merely a dealer run sales opportunity for the promotion of a few vendors.
    It is a celebration of us, the Spyder community.
    Could it devolve into something less?
    Only if we let it.

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Can you explain why it only earned a two??

Did you stay at a host hotel? (thats where the after parties were held)

Did you participate in any of the rides?

Did you attend the Pie Run?

Did you get an opportunity to visit with new folks at Spyderfest?

Just asking

Cruzr Joe
    Ok let me explain, The 2 rating is for the organization and prep for the amount of people that showed up and comparing to the other 5 Spyderfest that we have been to. We would of like to have all vendors in one place and more seating at the events The pie run was a fiasco as far as getting there, the pies themselves and place beautiful. I guess it was mostly the communication could of been better,and you could not hear what was being said.

. The last event for the way the food was set up and handled the amount was inadequate. As far as our over all experience, we had an awesome time meeting up with old friends and meeting new ones. The ride in the area was great as always. We did get to spend money with our favorite vendor

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

It was by far the best Spyderfest out of 3 that Ive been to. I would give it a 4 out of five though. I do not know what the deal is between Lynn and Lamonster but wish they would just get over it and patch up their differences. I was at Lamonster garage and it felt bad there. I could tell He was not liking it. He was a lot more upbeat at Spyders in the Ozarks. Not alot going on there unless you were getting work done to your Spyder.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default One man opinion

I am new to the Spyder world. This was the second rally that I have been to. The first was Spyder in the Ozark. I had just got my Spyder. I had more fun at the first one, because I met some people to ride with. I did meet 1 person at Spyderfest but it was half over. I am going to give it a 2.5. I stayed at the CourtYard. Have no clue who the host was. There were no parties that I am aware of. Was not real happy about the cost of the room. The weather was a big factor also.

Maybe in the future they could get the newbie together and introduce each other. I am a single rider so I don't have another person or rider to be with. Most of the game I could not do because I was single. I did have a lot more fun at the other rally I went too even though the people I met was with 2 married couples. They were great. I understand these rally are built around the couple idea since that is the majority of the riders. I was able to get some things done on the bike and get an ext warranty since my home dealer is a di**head.(Bradford Marine) My plan right now is to go to Spyder in the Ozark again and hopefully the Broken Arrow rally.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
    I am new to the Spyder world. This was the second rally that I have been to. The first was Spyder in the Ozark. I had just got my Spyder. I had more fun at the first one, because I met some people to ride with. I did meet 1 person at Spyderfest but it was half over. I am going to give it a 2.5. I stayed at the CourtYard. Have no clue who the host was. There were no parties that I am aware of. Was not real happy about the cost of the room. The weather was a big factor also.

Maybe in the future they could get the newbie together and introduce each other. I am a single rider so I don't have another person or rider to be with. Most of the game I could not do because I was single. I did have a lot more fun at the other rally I went too even though the people I met was with 2 married couples. They were great. I understand these rally are built around the couple idea since that is the majority of the riders. I was able to get some things done on the bike and get an ext warranty since my home dealer is a di**head.(Bradford Marine) My plan right now is to go to Spyder in the Ozark again and hopefully the Broken Arrow rally.
    Tgere was a party every night at the courtyard out by the fire, sorry you didn’t find it.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default traveled for Virginia

We didn't make any friends, but we time to meet and chat with a few other couples about issues, travels, Spyder Rider age, Spyder rider sex, just fun topics that when you meet the right people its makes the day.

We made it this year for the first time, we had travel plans to take us up to Rapid City, Yellowstone, Tetons, and back south to Utah, and hope back home safe. During the planning for this long trip late last year it was known to me that Spyderfest was a possible with some slight route changes.

Anyway we found the location at the ROCK (three trips) to be a nice little ride from our camping location at the KOA. The vendors had some of the things we whats to add so that worked out (F4 and wind vents for legs)

We don't think we will be back, Maggie Valley NC this again this year with some our riding friends in Virginia. Love the mountains, hills and turns.

But the group of people who ride Spyders are from all walks of life, safe travels everyone

Jerry Donna
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

We did not make it to the Fest this year.

We did recently meet up with Netminder & his spouse when they came on a visit to Alaska this week. They are on a tour and were heading out to see all the "good stuff" this week. They are going to spend over a week enjoying the sights before heading back to Canada. We always enjoy meeting up with other members of the site. I can honestly say, we have never met a member we did not like in the eight years we have been on the site.

I am sure that is the case for Spyderfest and other group gatherings.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    If I was to rate spyderfest for what pitbull does I would say a big fat 0
    If I go to spyderfest to see Lamonster garage, spyderpops, and Sara a big fat 10

I give that rating on pitbull because I dont like dealing with crooks and dishonest people ready to rip people off at any chance available. I do not attend ANY pitbull functions.

I'm with you on the Pitbull thing. I wanted to purchase one of their F3's on their website. Could not even get them to return several voice mails or emails. I finally gave up and purchased from my local dealer. I was disappointed since so many rave about them.

On the Spyderfest thing, I don't go, its to early in the year for me. It is still snowing that time of the year in Colorado.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 05-30-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by moogully View Post
    Why can’t they have a fest closer to the West Coast?😤😤

maybe closer to Va also
    2012 , java

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I didn't get to attend spyderfest, wanted too, and will in the future. But I did attend the 3 wheeler rally in Deadwood SD this year which had over 195 spyders in attendance. That was a blast. But what makes it fun is to meet new people and ride the rides. It was so much fun to associate with my fellow "homies" on spyders. Being mainly in Harley Country I think there is only 4 or 5 spyders in my area, and I own 2 of them. Like a fellow commenter stated, you make your own fun. But we're all up for the task.
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerrydonna View Post
    maybe closer to Va also
    I see you are pretty new to Spyderlovers so you may not be aware that Spyderfest is put on by Pitbull Powersports and they are located in Missouri so it will always be held there. There is a rally being held in October in Maggie Valley, NC and there was one in August in Greenville, SC. A large rally called Spyderquest is held in Lake George, NY in September. So I’d say there are a few located in the Eastern Time Zone.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

On a scale from 0 to 5, SpyderQuest was a 20.

Oh sorry, I guess I'm posting in the wrong thread
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have been to Spyderfests in the past(2013 & 2014) I would rate these a 4.

I did met new spyder friends, and visited the vendors/and Pit Bull dealership.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue