Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Rating for Spyderfest

Curious how would those of you that have attended other Spyderfest in the past rate this year's. From a 1 to 5, 5 being the the best. No explanation s needed if you don't want. Sorry ours is a 2

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Default spyderfest

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    Curious how would those of you that have attended other Spyderfest in the past rate this year's. From a 1 to 5, 5 being the the best. No explanation s needed if you don't want. Sorry ours is a 2
    If I was to rate spyderfest for what pitbull does I would say a big fat 0
    If I go to spyderfest to see Lamonster garage, spyderpops, and Sara a big fat 10

I give that rating on pitbull because I dont like dealing with crooks and dishonest people ready to rip people off at any chance available. I do not attend ANY pitbull functions.

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one....

Everyone goes for thier own reason. For many it is a first time and for others they can compare to the last one or the many. It has grown to where I don't go as I do not like that big a crowd. It is a monumental task to put on a event that large and please everyone who goes there. What were your expectations and were they met would be more informative as they could try to meet them next time. Everyone finds some fun and enjoyment and you need to balance that with your disappointment if any. Just saying...from the facebook posts it looks like fun was had by all although that 30 mile spread does make for a logistic nightmare...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Going to sit back and watch this thread. It will still be a couple years before we can attend (2020).

Always some room for improvement. A big undertaking. I am noting some areas that could use a bit of tweeking--based on what others have said.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    If I go to spyderfest to see Lamonster garage, spyderpops, and Sara a big fat 10

I give that rating on pitbull because I dont like dealing with crooks and dishonest people ready to rip people off at any chance available. I do not attend ANY pitbull functions.

The OP asked about rating if you had attended which you obviously didn't; you have previously stated this and these are quite strong words about a business, its borderline verbal defamation. I don't have a horse in the race here but if you have a issue with a particular business why not talk to them directly in order to rectify the situation.

Spyder Garage

I attended and was a guest host at Spyderfest 2018.

I rate it a 5.

I enjoyed myself and made many new friends and got to see and visit with old friends (this is what Spyderfest is about).

CRUZR JOE
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

If you did not attend then you should not rate it.

The OP asked for a rating from people who attended.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Can you explain why it only earned a two??

Did you stay at a host hotel? (thats where the after parties were held)

Did you participate in any of the rides?

Did you attend the Pie Run?

Did you get an opportunity to visit with new folks at Spyderfest?

Just asking

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    The OP asked about rating if you had attended which you obviously didn't; you have previously stated this and these are quite strong words about a business, its borderline verbal defamation. I don't have a horse in the race here but if you have a issue with a particular business why not talk to them directly in order to rectify the situation.
    Have talked with him on several occasions, same lies, same stories, same BS from the same place. No thanks. There is alot of fun to be had at other places and the such as hotels and whatnot, but as far as that dealership and his activities, again, no thanks.

Spyder Garage

Based on your words, I can only assume you didn't attend. The OP wants to hear from those who did. If the OP wanted a list of snarky pissy comments that bash one particular guy and his dealership, he would have asked for that. Not sure what your beef is with Len or Pitbull, but you need to air it out with him, not us....

As for a rating, I'd give it a 3/5. There were some good ideas that improved things, and there were still some "snaffoos"...We had the most fun in 2016. I suspect 2019 will be great if the organizers make a few tweaks to this year's event
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We had an awesome time at Spyderfest, as we do every year, if you didn’t have a good time I think that is your own fault.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    We had an awesome time at Spyderfest, as we do every year, if you didn’t have a good time I think that is your own fault.
    Hmmm...I think as a vendor your perspective might be different from that of a pure participant.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder fest

Why can’t they have a fest closer to the West Coast?😤😤

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Hmmm...I think as a vendor your perspective might be different from that of a pure participant.
    Pete you couldn’t be more wrong. But what else is new.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by moogully View Post
    Why can’t they have a fest closer to the West Coast?😤😤
    There are several events in the west. Look at the calendar on the home page.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by moogully View Post
    Why can’t they have a fest closer to the West Coast?����
    What do you mean? Please explain.

You want Pitbull to organize a Spyderfest away from their home base? Why would they do that?
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-07-2018 at 11:33 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post

I think he needs reinforcement and reassurance of his own feelings.

One needs to learn that having a good time is always up to you. Other people can't make you happy. You will have to do this yourself.

Things are only what YOU make it!

​Jack
    Last edited by jaherbst; 05-07-2018 at 11:38 PM.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Fellowship

While we are vendors, we also have a great deal of friends. Meeting up with them is half the fun! If you did not go, go next year. Then you can comment.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default It depends

For us (Jacque and myself) Spyderfest was an opportunity to return to Springfield, where both of us lived 40 years ago. We spent the majority of our time riding "memory lane" around town, seeing friends, and doing our own rides in the Ozarks. We are staying in an airbnb, and very happy with our place. As I write this we are still here and will be riding to Eureka Springs, AR today. We intend to head back to AZ on Thursday. It was a three day ride here, and I suspect it will be a three day ride home. We have both loved our time here.

As for event cost, I'd give it a 5 out of 5 as I think the preregistration fee was $35, and that included a $25 credit for clothing. That does not give the host enough dollars to put on a 4 day event. For me it was cheap and I'd gladly pay more for a more fully organized event.

For Spyderfest as an event I'd probably give it a 3 out of 5 as it was okay. The organized rides did not interest us and most of the minimal set of events were okay. The events at the dealership had so many people that there we no place to sit down. We liked meeting other riders and seeing the bikes, but got tired of standing up all of the time. The last evening was a zoo. I heard it estimated that there were 1200 people there. They did not handle the volume of people very well. I hope they learn from this event and improve it for next time.

For weather I'd give it a 5 out of 5. I've heard that rain and cold has been a problem in the past. Not this time.

As an opportunity to get items for our bikes I'd give it a 5 out of 5 as I got Elka shocks and sheepskins for my RT. Jacque got Lamonster's new gas cap, fog lights, and sheepskins for her F3S. Expensive, but stuff we really wanted. It was nice getting to know folks at Lamonster Garage (Lamont, Jason, etc), the Elka rep, and the wonderful couple that owns Misty Mountain Sheepskins.

For seeing old friends and locations I'd give it a 10 out of 5 as this was really the highlight.

For a 3 day ride from AZ to MO I found it tough. No rain, thank goodness, but the wind wore me out. I'm hoping for less wind and dry going home. Hopefully I'll see the benefits of the Elka's as well. We'll see.

I don't know if Pitbull people only put this all together or if there is a a group of additional folks that help arrange everything. This is a big enough deal that doing this as a dealer only event has got to be tough. Personally I can envision a phenomenal event if it were organized as an event in partnership with the area and beyond the dealership alone. However, this would take a strong leader, committed people, and likely a larger entrance fee.

Rob

Last edited by robhowen; 05-08-2018 at 07:06 AM.
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

(as i posted elsewhere)

I am amazed at the hateful remarks, this was a large event and i did what i thought was fun and avoided things that did not interest me. If you went there with the expectation that you would be treated like a rock star then you were disappointed, if you went there to see old friends and make new ones and to enjoy the camaraderie of the spyder family then you probably enjoyed the event like i did.

These events will never be able to please everyone, just the ones who attend that want to have fun.

I think Pitbull Powersports and the MoGang did a decent job and should be congratulated for it.

The price of the event was ridiculously cheap for the amount of fun we had.

At the LaQuinta where i was host, we had an evening party every night with good visitation of friends, if you did not stay at a host hotel you missed out on part of the fun.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

While I did not go, you have to give props to the organizers of the event. It takes a lot of time and money to put on an event of this size. Haters will hate. Social media makes that easy.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They're all good: each in their own way...
    Sometimes it's the farkle-shopping
    Sometimes it's the rides
    Or the great food!
    It might be the friends that you re-acquaint yourself with...
    Or the new friends that you make!

But it's always the NEXT one: that's going to be the best!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

While I haven't gone to Spyderfest, because of the timing, it sounds like a good time. Events like this do require a certain amount of effort on the part of the participants. Sounds like there may be some tweaking needed on some elements but sounds like a worthwhile event that I hope to eventually be able to attend.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, the drags were rained out this year and that was a big bummer. Mother Nature doesn't always cooperate though. I was looking forward to seeing y'all again and introducing you to Hubby.

As for the rest of the event, for me, it's all about the people. Hooking up with old friends and making new ones, I would rate that a 10 out of 5.

There's lots to do at Spyderfest. The ride to The Rock is about the same distance as going to Lamonster's Garage. Both are easy rides, and coming back from Lamont's place you have to stop at Lamberts for throwed rolls.

Even the years when the whole event was rainy and cold, you can have fun if you want to...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Do it for the meeting new friends, the camaraderie, and for something new and different.

Group rides are no longer one of my "things." To many unknowns there for me. I would come up with some rides of my own, (after doing some due diligence), hook up with a few friends, and hit the road.

The parties and farkleing are just extra icing on the cake. The above, IMO, are the best of all worlds.

I am going to be close to Spyderpops soon, and may become one of his best customers. Saw his ad on page 63 of the AR Motorcycling Guide.

Any gathering is what you make of it. Pre-bad attitudes are not recommended.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red