Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ECU upgrade / remap - Video

Hi guys, long time i have been quite
    But now, here is a video for those that are curious how ECU upgrade works on Spyder rotax 1330 engine.

https://youtu.be/dEta9kvYx5I

Martin
    questions or comments is better to write to Youtube directly.. thanx

Spyder Garage

Ya just gotta LOVE IT! Nice vid!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Ya just gotta LOVE IT! Nice vid!
    thanx

Spyder Garage

Yes, nice write up Martin, the video was pretty good also. I'm very happy I did mine, 2015 RT Limited. I feel it is much smoother in general riding, can definitely tell having more throttle. iIt would be interesting to know why BRP limits it to 3/4. Anyway, seat of the pants I'm surprised there is so much difference, just normal riding is much more enjoyable. I have to be careful when taking off off from a stop, and even knowing that it would hit the rev limiter in the first three gears stock, it will now pull 4th gear to 8600 rpm. Cantsay much more, I'm still getting over 2 mile per tank, but do think I've lost a couple miles per gallon, time will tell. Well worth the money, and the folks at Wick-It Performance really go out of their way to work with you.

I wish I had some black and white numbers for all the techy guys, but I've ridden it hard enough to know the is a big difference when you take it above 6,000 rpm, and really have no more reason to do that unless it is passing a car. Do you understand the term "throttle pressure"? It just seems the RT is ready to go from right off the bat. Oh yeah, I didn't mention, all I have to do is turn on the key and hit the starter, absolutely no delay in starting, just start, put it in gear, and go You still have to hit the eco button to get rid of the message,

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Default hmmmm

Hi Man,
    having RT upgraded its well worth i think. I have been riding RT also F3T, and once I have commented, that I think, RT and even F3T is set up less aggressive than F3s. (engine wise) And many people did disagree.. I still think it is done that way, and I think making MAP adjustment to RT model can make a huge improvement.

In general, why i think the Rotax has limit the performance a "little", its because for 90% of people who are rYding spyders, for them is more than enough to have such performance. Also we dont have to talk about life of components if you do not put engine on the edge etc.

Enjoy rYding and have fun
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    Yes, nice write up Martin, the video was pretty good also. I'm very happy I did mine, 2015 RT Limited. I feel it is much smoother in general riding, can definitely tell having more throttle. iIt would be interesting to know why BRP limits it to 3/4. Anyway, seat of the pants I'm surprised there is so much difference, just normal riding is much more enjoyable. I have to be careful when taking off off from a stop, and even knowing that it would hit the rev limiter in the first three gears stock, it will now pull 4th gear to 8600 rpm. Cantsay much more, I'm still getting over 2 mile per tank, but do think I've lost a couple miles per gallon, time will tell. Well worth the money, and the folks at Wick-It Performance really go out of their way to work with you.

I wish I had some black and white numbers for all the techy guys, but I've ridden it hard enough to know the is a big difference when you take it above 6,000 rpm, and really have no more reason to do that unless it is passing a car. Do you understand the term "throttle pressure"? It just seems the RT is ready to go from right off the bat. Oh yeah, I didn't mention, all I have to do is turn on the key and hit the starter, absolutely no delay in starting, just start, put it in gear, and go You still have to hit the eco button to get rid of the message,

Spyder Garage

Thanks for taking the time to do that, Martin. Great comparison, like all of your videos, and very informative. I’m still in two minds about whether to do it as I am not a particularly aggressive rider.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Let me add just a little becasue of the lat two comments. I'm not selling anything, but, for those who are not performance minded, my RT is so much smoother going down the road, (4,000 rpm and below) that during our ride last Saturday, my wife commented on how much smoother the Spyder seemed going down the road. The instant start up, and smooth running is more than worth the price of the reflash, and you can't find and easier modification. Pull one panel, disconnect two connectors, and remove 3 screws.

Like I said, forget about the performance above 6,000 rpm, just around town, below 4,000 rpm is noticeable. That's it for me, it you want to talk about it, message me, otherwise, I've said all I'm going to here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    Let me add just a little becasue of the lat two comments. I'm not selling anything, but, for those who are not performance minded, my RT is so much smoother going down the road, (4,000 rpm and below) that during our ride last Saturday, my wife commented on how much smoother the Spyder seemed going down the road. The instant start up, and smooth running is more than worth the price of the reflash, and you can't find and easier modification. Pull one panel, disconnect two connectors, and remove 3 screws.

Like I said, forget about the performance above 6,000 rpm, just around town, below 4,000 rpm is noticeable. That's it for me, it you want to talk about it, message me, otherwise, I've said all I'm going to here.
    Dave, I'm waiting for a report back after your visit to Folkston, GA from "You Know Who"...Make sure he gets to ride it...I was hoping to get mine done with the 89T rear sprocket but there is now a problem with that reflash...I will probably go with your 79T reflash for now...THANK YOU for the GREAT reviews...larryd
    Last edited by larryd; 05-09-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MARTINS U-TUBE LINK

..........I DON'T KNOW IF EVERYONE ELSE'S COMPUTER WENT CRAZY after clicking on the LINK .....but mine did - - watch at your own RISK .......jmho .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Hey Martin....

Good to see you are still out there doing your thing for the spyder community there and here. Nice video should help some make up their minds....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    Dave, I'm waiting for a report back after your visit to Folkston, GA from "You Know Who"...Make sure he gets to ride it...I was hoping to get mine done with the 89T rear sprocket but there is now a problem with that reflash...I will probably go with your 79T reflash for now...THANK YOU for the GREAT reviews...larryd
    Hey Larry, me and "you know who" talked about you while we fluched my brake system. He didn't ride my RT, maybe another day. I did offer though. Sorry to hear about your rf-flash not working out, I was really interested in your gear change. Our riding country is totally different, I think I can understand why you would want the added gearing. Maybe the stock gearing will be enough with the reflash, I've noticed a more eagerness to pull on my RT since the reflash. My wife even commented on the low end performance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ..........I DON'T KNOW IF EVERYONE ELSE'S COMPUTER WENT CRAZY after clicking on the LINK .....but mine did - - watch at your own RISK .......jmho .....Mike
    Hmmmmm. I didn’t have any issues, Mike.....I’m using an iPad...

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Mike, I didn't have any problems with my iPhone or windows computer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Mike, sorry to hear that,,, but i should be all fine.. its not any virus or scam or what ever.. i am regular yourtuber and spyder guy...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Mike, sorry to hear that,,, but i should be all fine.. its not any virus or scam or what ever.. i am regular yourtuber and spyder guy...
    I don’t think Mike was worried about YOU, Martin......he was just worried that clicking on the link gave him a strange outcome.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Ecu Flash / Remapping

To any one who has done or has knowledge of this procedure of ECU Flash. My question is if I have a 2012 RTL with J T's air intake Cat Delete and Tailgunner Widowmaker full flow exhaust will my bike benefit in anyway by having this done. I'm unsure if it's as effective of an upgrade for the older models as it is according to many here on the site for the newer models thanks in advance or any advice or knowledge of this subject. Ride safe & keep farkling..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PR Spyder rt View Post
    To any one who has done or has knowledge of this procedure of ECU Flash. My question is if I have a 2012 RTL with J T's air intake Cat Delete and Tailgunner Widowmaker full flow exhaust will my bike benefit in anyway by having this done. I'm unsure if it's as effective of an upgrade for the older models as it is according to many here on the site for the newer models thanks in advance or any advice or knowledge of this subject. Ride safe & keep farkling..
    Why don't you call them and get the info from the horses mouth they seem on the up and up and are very easy to talk with.

USA Outlet Monster Fuel Injection

Spyder Garage

I might have to do that just wanted to hear what a customer or a v twin owner has to say about their experience but thanks for the info