Spyder Garage

Default F3T Topcase Extender

I put a BRP Topcase on when I bought my 2016 F3T and my dealer never told me it would move the passenger forward. I see SpyderPops is selling an extender to move the Topcase back 4-5 inches. My question is how are is it to install? I’m not real gifted with the wrenches!🤨

Spyder Garage
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

I know SpyderPops is selling one I’m asking how hard is it to install!

Spyder Garage

Read the instructions a few times and follow the pictures and it isn't bad. I'm wrench challenged also. An extra set of eyes helped too.
    The WildBat - 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-L
    Little Bre - 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S
    Phantom 2.0 - My SuperSpyder. 2008 Can-Am Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

PM Cruzr Joe he has it.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

If you follow the directions carefully, it is fairly easy to install, no major tools or knowledge is needed. My wife loves it, she now has an additional 4+ inches of room

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member redneck diva's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

are people satisfied with it, i am thinking of pulling the trigger on a f3 limited but was worried about my daughter being pushed forward. the extender seems the way to go if it truly is a good product
    Redneck Diva

Member of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club Chapter #213--
    Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    I know SpyderPops is selling one I’m asking how hard is it to install!

That wasn't my point. Since I don't have an F3T I wasn't familiar with what you were posting about, so I posted the link to save others the trouble of searching around to see what you were referencing.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redneck diva View Post
    are people satisfied with it, i am thinking of pulling the trigger on a f3 limited but was worried about my daughter being pushed forward. the extender seems the way to go if it truly is a good product

My wife really loves it, she said it not only gave her the room she wanted but a much more comfortable ride.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I would think you will need to rework the seat. You will be sitting on the back hump of the seat.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    I would think you will need to rework the seat. You will be sitting on the back hump of the seat.
    You do not need to rework the seat. Despite what you think.

i have it so I know.

cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

I had same question and requested a copy of the installation instructions from SpiderPops. They promptly emailed me full color instructions. I have not yet purchased it looks very straightforward.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    You do not need to rework the seat. Despite what you think.

i have it so I know.

cruzr Joe
    Joe, it certainly looks from the photos as though the passenger, when moving back on the seat to take advantage of the extra space, would have to sit on the raised lip of the seat and the insert. Are you saying that the passenger sits in the same position as originally, but the trunk extension simply allows them to lean back further?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member redneck diva's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

also, with the top extender are you still able to put passenger armrest on the F3 Limited?
    Redneck Diva

Member of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club Chapter #213--
    Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Are you saying that the passenger sits in the same position as originally, but the trunk extension simply allows them to lean back further?

Pete
    That's it exactly. I sat on Joe's passenger seat and you'd never know there was an extension on the seat.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    That's it exactly. I sat on Joe's passenger seat and you'd never know there was an extension on the seat.
    Ahhhh. Thanks Copperman. I was hoping that the passenger would be sitting further back on the seat (i.e. where the lip currently is), because my Daylong seat has taken away 1.5” from her seat length. Maybe I can get Daylong to mod her seat to be fully flat, as the extended back pad will hold her in place.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know why they are on back order and do not return emails?
    2018 F3L Cat Delete, Two Bros Pipe, Doc Humphreys Belt Tensioner and Pedal Extender, 17" Freedom Windshield, Spyder Extras Sway Bar & End Links
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

I have the trunk extender on my 18 F3L and my wife sits all the way back on the lip and the pad. You cannot even feel the lip it is so soft. She loves the extra room.
    2018 F3 Limited
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuadRAGIN View Post
    Does anyone know why they are on back order and do not return emails?
    BUMP??
    I did find one through a facebook spyder store, I email to see if they had them in stock if they ill post the link
    2018 F3L Cat Delete, Two Bros Pipe, Doc Humphreys Belt Tensioner and Pedal Extender, 17" Freedom Windshield, Spyder Extras Sway Bar & End Links
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red