Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Approved Air Pack (silver) not working....

...but it may just be me. It is fully charged. Unsure about how to get it pump air. I thought I knew but I tried several different steps and couldn't get it to pump air. I have misplaced the instructions. I looked on Lamonster's website and I can't find the Approved Air Pack on the site. I have had it less than a year. I have included a picture of what it looks like. When I press the power button, nothing happens - even to two LEDs on the front don't come on. I press the UNIT button to sequence to PSI, push '+' to set desired pressure, and fasten it to the tire valve. Hooked to a tire, it shows 3.0 psi and won't pump. Anyone know the sequence I need to use to make it work? Or, is it dead? I'm sending an email to Lamont as well.
    Airpack pump.jpg

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

It's not intuitive that's for sure.
    Press the Unit button to set the pressure desired (18 fronts, 20 rear), Connect the hose or chuck to your valve stem, It should show you the tires actual pressure. If it's low, Press and release the power button and it should pump up to the desired pressure (light comes on too). If it's high let some pressure out (I usually unscrew the hose from the pump) and then Press and release the power button. After it pumps up to the desired pressure it should shut the pump off. Press the Power button again to turn it off and save charge.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 05-05-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default I think the pump may be bad...

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    It's not intuitive that's for sure.
    Press the Unit button to set the pressure desired (18 fronts, 20 rear), Connect the hose or chuck to your valve stem, It should show you the tires actual pressure. If it's low, Press and release the power button and it should pump up to the desired pressure (light comes on too). If it's high let some pressure out (I usually unscrew the hose from the pump) and then Press and release the power button. After it pumps up to the desired pressure it should shut the pump off. Press the Power button again to turn it off and save charge.
    I followed your steps and I can set the psi, hook it to the tire, press the power button and nothing happens. INo pumping, no lights. It used to work. Now it doesn't. Thanks for the tips to help me try to get it to work.
    Jim

LaMonster Belt Dampener

Spyder Garage

Try holding the Press Power button longer, of course if the tires pressure is high or already at the desired pressure it won't pump intentionally. I do have to futz with mine when the riding season starts to find the correct time pressing the power button to get it to pump. Make sure you're inflating at least a half pound or more.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Have a tire to try on other than say a wheel barrow or lawn mower? Easier access & you can deflate tire to zero then try pump at increasing pressures & various units, just with the charged battery or on the cord if need be. DO NOT disassemble any warranty is shot if you do. Lamont will have an answer for you in reasonable time, it is start of season & sure to be swamped. Lot of people are curious why the pump was removed as well. Hoping there is not some recall in future as it is a handy pump, keep up with the battery charging every 3months regardless let us know results.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Air Pump

These air pumps are marketed under several different brand names. Amazon still carries one I think. Mine lasted less than a year and one of the four rechargeable batteries failed. After extensive search I found that the manufactures web site was shut down. You can disassemble by pulling the plastic end cap with the switches out, turning it sideways and push the whole thing back thru the metal sleeve. You can not buy direct replacement batteries but you can buy an alternate and with a little Southern Engineering change out the batteries. Mine now works better than it did when new. YRMV Your results may vary.

You can also order direct from China for about 26.00

Spyder Garage

"Lamonster Approved". My suggestion, call Lamonster and talk to him. He sells it, he may be able to help you solve this. Going to his sight won't help. When I first read your post it sounded like you were in a subtle way trashing Lamont without trying to resolve your problem with Lamont with a real time conversation. "Approved" does not mean responsible for it's performance. He tested it, liked it, and approved it and sells it. Period.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

The fact that you aren’t getting the two guide lights coming on when you press the power is suspicious, BigGuy. No matter what sequence you are trying, they should come on when you press the Power button. Doesn’t sound good. Hopefully Lamont will have seen it before and will respond to your email shortly.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hmmmm, I wonder if these things just have a limited life. I am starting to experience issues with mine. It just does not have the umph it used to have, and it doesn't save a charge for any amount of time. Perhaps Lamont can comment in general.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

It looks like they are no longer for sale on Lamonsters site. I was hoping to buy one this spring. If there's an issue with the product Lamonsters won't sell it, and should help you with it.

Spyder Garage

Default About that Lamonster Air Pack

Talked to Jacob at Lamonster. He said that their distributor dropped the air packs and they don't carry them anymore. He does have a couple left and is sending one out to me today. Once again, Lamonster tries to take care of us. BTW - I had sent an email to Lamonster at the same time I posted the original post. I was trying to find out if it was me not following a certain procedure. I also called Lamonster on Monday. I never intended to trash Lamonster and always go to the company to work out issues.
    Jim

LaMonster Belt Dampener

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy66 View Post
    Talked to Jacob at Lamonster. He said that their distributor dropped the air packs and they don't carry them anymore. He does have a couple left and is sending one out to me today. Once again, Lamonster tries to take care of us. BTW - I had sent an email to Lamonster at the same time I posted the original post. I was trying to find out if it was me not following a certain procedure. I also called Lamonster on Monday. I never intended to trash Lamonster and always go to the company to work out issues.
    Jim
    Well that's not good.... I hope my wingman got his replaced in time....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy66 View Post
    BTW - I had sent an email to Lamonster at the same time I posted the original post. I was trying to find out if it was me not following a certain procedure. I also called Lamonster on Monday. I never intended to trash Lamonster and always go to the company to work out issues.
    Jim
    Jim, that was exactly the way I read your post. Unfortunately, written English is very easily misinterpreted.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Any update?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock