Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone have info on $4500 rebate?

I got an email from BRP touting a $4500 rebate on select 2017 models or a select 2018 for $249/month. The email and promo web page do not list which 2017 models are included in the rebate. The promo ends June 30. Does anyone know which models they are? I have to submit my name and contact info so the local dealer can contact me but I'd like to avoid doing that if possible. Otherwise I'll just have to stop in and ask I guess. I'm not interested in talking to a salesman unless they have a model I'd like to have. Even then I'd be hesitant to trade up!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's not about the dollars: it's all about the "Miles & smiles"!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It's not about the dollars: it's all about the "Miles & smiles"!
    It's all about how much is an incremental improvement in "miles and smiles" worth in dollars! Right now my 2014 is quite adequate.

BTW, how much of a dramatic improvement in your "miles and smiles" has your 2018 brought you? What have you found so far that you like much better than your 2014 other than the prestige of owning a limited anniversary edition and its color scheme?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes... I like it a whole bunch!
    What's with the snotty attitude?

Spyder Garage

Bob, I think you read some other tone in Idaho's question, and as one of the blessed folks who've driven a 2018, We all appreciate your answer to his question. I'll send you some caramelized maple bacon my sister lovers to make. It's like ..... bacon candy!
    I'd love it if you did a monthly update about the improvements you've discerned on your very beautiful new '18. I think it should even be a sticky each year in the SGD section.
    Something like "What I like about my XX (latest year model) Spyder compared to my previous Spyder(s)." I can't think of how many years we've seen the oft repeated "should I get a XX spyder or an XX+1 Spyder and why/whynot.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

What's with the snotty attitude?
    Sorry, not my intent at all. It's just that money does matter, and I learned long ago that many times life works out the best when one is satisfied with "good enough" and not always pursuing "the best", as much as I would love to do the latter.

I would love to buy a newer Spyder, just like I would love to buy a newer car. But at this point in life the choice I see in front of me is, "Do I want to drive a fancier, newer, vehicle now, or buy groceries 10 years from now?"

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I guess will have to move to the US,we get an offer of $ 3000 off 2017's.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    If your location ON means Ontario, you should look at Quebec, there are discounts on 2017 because there is inventory. It doesn`t look like there are huge 2017 inventories in Ontario.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbim View Post
    If your location ON means Ontario, you should look at Quebec, there are discounts on 2017 because there is inventory. It doesn`t look like there are huge 2017 inventories in Ontario.

My email offer was $3000 off a 2017 & I'm in Quebec. Of course you have to contact your dealer to find out what models are available. I hate that.

My offer went into the trash.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    The offer is good in Ontario as well. Check out Team Vincent's and Lockhart's. They are both top level dealers and carry inventory.
    2012 RT-S and 2013 STL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The email and promo web page do not list which 2017 models are included in the rebate.
    That is because it can apply to any and all models.......if a particular dealership still has one in stock.

You can contact nearby dealers by phone to see what's available.
    Unless you need another excuse for some rides.

And it did say "up to" $4500, right ??

Spyder Garage

The US offer is up to $4500 off a 2017.

The Canadian offer is up to $3000 off a 2017. Plus 3 year warranty.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tjsox View Post
    The offer is good in Ontario as well. Check out Team Vincent's and Lockhart's. They are both top level dealers and carry inventory.
    Team has 3 f3 no rt and lockharts has no 2017 rt's
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, not my intent at all. It's just that money does matter, and I learned long ago that many times life works out the best when one is satisfied with "good enough" and not always pursuing "the best", as much as I would love to do the latter.

I would love to buy a newer Spyder, just like I would love to buy a newer car. But at this point in life the choice I see in front of me is, "Do I want to drive a fancier, newer, vehicle now, or buy groceries 10 years from now?"
    Fair enough.. I was cranky from a very stressful day here. I apologize for "wearing my heart, a bit too close to my hide".

Spyder Garage

Default Rebate Info...

Idaho, I just took advantage of the $4500 rebate it CT. I'm syched, it's still in the crate.
    I also had the 2018 rebate ticket for $2000. Decided on the 17. GPS and huge discount.
    It's my 1st Spyder.
    2017 RTL , Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Al_lockup View Post
    Idaho, I just took advantage of the $4500 rebate it CT. I'm syched, it's still in the crate.
    I also had the 2018 rebate ticket for $2000. Decided on the 17. GPS and huge discount.
    It's my 1st Spyder.
    Good for you,toys are fun.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Fair enough.. I was cranky from a very stressful day here. I apologize for "wearing my heart, a bit too close to my hide".
    Great reply, Bob......we’ve nearly all done that from time to time

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Al_lockup View Post
    It's my 1st Spyder.
    Which model are you getting? I wonder if still being in the crate is a criteria to get the rebate, and in the dealer's current inventory? Wouldn't surprise me if it is.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

RT-L Asphalt Grey. You will have to check with your dealer for the details.
    2017 RTL , Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and in the dealer's current inventory? Wouldn't surprise me if it is.
    Pretty sure this IS a requirement......or a nearby "cooperating" dealer.
    While they haven't come right out and said it, there has been a LOT of evidence.

Spyder Garage

Three days later and still not much concrete information--even with three threads on the subject running.

A good deal--but what are the "terms?"

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got an email from BRP touting a $4500 rebate on select 2017 models or a select 2018 for $249/month. The email and promo web page do not list which 2017 models are included in the rebate. The promo ends June 30. Does anyone know which models they are? I have to submit my name and contact info so the local dealer can contact me but I'd like to avoid doing that if possible. Otherwise I'll just have to stop in and ask I guess. I'm not interested in talking to a salesman unless they have a model I'd like to have. Even then I'd be hesitant to trade up!

I wrecked my 2014 RT Ltd and went to the dealer to see what was available. Mr. White was sitting there along with 2018s. The difference out the door price between my 2017 RT-S and a 2018 RT Ltd was over $5,000+. The running gear on the 17 is the same as my/your 14.....keep it....the 18s are a little different running gear I think but my $5,000+ will buy a lot of gas and insurance. Just my humble opinion.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.