Spyder Garage

Default Elka shocks verse Fox podium shocks

I am thinking of upgrading to better front shocks for my 2017 RT I like the Elka stage 2 but at $699 each plus shipping that is $1441.00 is a bit on the high side so I checked out Fox shocks from BRP webpage and at $509 each are more to what I want to spend.
    Anyone with input about the 2 makes will help me make my decision easier. I know the Elkas are very good and seen plenty feedback saying just that but have not seen or heard a lot about the Fox shocks.
    Any input will be greatly appreciated

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default Elka/Fox shocks

Quote Originally Posted by spydernatic View Post
    I am thinking of upgrading to better front shocks for my 2017 RT I like the Elka stage 2 but at $699 each plus shipping that is $1441.00 is a bit on the high side so I checked out Fox shocks from BRP webpage and at $509 each are more to what I want to spend.
    Anyone with input about the 2 makes will help me make my decision easier. I know the Elkas are very good and seen plenty feedback saying just that but have not seen or heard a lot about the Fox shocks.
    Any input will be greatly appreciated
    I have both Fox and Elka on my RT. I will say that the service provided by Elka is superb. They will bend over backward to satisfy the customer. No experience with Fox service as I found them hard to contact....

Spyder Garage

Default elka shocks

I think they are 699 for the pair not each
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ssmcclub View Post

I believe this is correct. I paid less than that from PitBull several years ago for my Elka stage 2.

I too was torn between Fox and the Elkas. I know that Fox has a really good reputation in the off road world, but Elka was unknown to me. So I researched and the recommendations were all for Elka. That's what I bought, so I can't comment on Fox with direct experience, but honestly either one is probably fine and will be miles better than the originals.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Ishock for elka

http://www.ishock.com/n-11304-final-...sale-ever.html

I purchased my front shocks from the above vendor. I got 10% off and free shipping. I have used Fox shocks on snowmobiles and they seem OK
    I went with the stage two elka front shocks for my 2016 F3L. I told them I wanted them set up on the touring side. When I installed the shocks they compressed 1/2 of the travel from the weight. I had to take the manual spring pre load all they way to the end of the travel to get the sag correct.
    There is a certain plushness but terrible rebound on the stock shocks. With the Elka some of that plushness is gone but the rebound and total control was worth the price. When I encounter rough road at higher speed on just one tire, the Spyder stays put a lot better. Just a safer more controlled feeling.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

This is for the pair not each. I have had them about a year now and they have worked very well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ssmcclub View Post
    Yes they are $699 a pair you are correct
    Last edited by spydernatic; 05-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Not to promote one or the other. But you can do much better than $509 ea. for the Fox shocks. This is the same set for $499.00 delivered.

CAN-AM SPYDER RT 2014 & UP FOX ADJUSTABLE FRONT SHOCK KIT #219400588

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

One box contains two shocks. It clearly states that front shocks are sold as a pair.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Not to promote one or the other. But you can do much better than $509 ea. for the Fox shocks. This is the same set for $499.00 delivered.

CAN-AM SPYDER RT 2014 & UP FOX ADJUSTABLE FRONT SHOCK KIT #219400588

The BRP FoxShox accessories shock option includes TWO FoxShox, and all new mounting hardware for $509 MSRP, and can often be found for less.

I bought them a few years ago and two came in the box. Note the packing list portion of the instructions.

The 1.5 hours install time is generous. They can be installed without removing the frunk in about 30 minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PMK; 05-05-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    The BRP FoxShox accessories shock option includes TWO FoxShox, and all new mounting hardware for $509 MSRP, and can often be found for less.

I bought them a few years ago and two came in the box. Note the packing list portion of the instructions.

The 1.5 hours install time is generous. They can be installed without removing the frunk in about 30 minutes.
    Well it looks as if MY DEALER ORDERED TWO KITS and to be honest I was not sure so when they asked I said 2 shocks ...of course you can not put 1 on that would not make sense so they ordered 2 I did call them and they said if 4 shocks come in they will refund me 1 kit.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

No they are $699 each as I went on to the Elka website and it shows in a box 1 at $699 when you change that to 2 it jumps to $1398 plus put in you zip code and it went to @1441.00 ...at $699 A PAIR I would buy them.
    OK my bad it looks as if I am wrong I am going to go back to both web sites BRP for fox and Elka to see why I am so stupid to think that they are each but I will check that out sometime we miss the small print or another excuse " I am getting old " thanks to everyone that has corrected me.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

OK my bad it looks as if I am wrong I am going to go back to both web sites BRP for fox and Elka to see why I am so stupid to think that they are each but I will check that out sometime we miss the small print or another excuse " I am getting old " thanks to everyone that has corrected me.
    I did check both websites and I did see that the Elkas are sold as a pair although the BRP website when going onto the suspension section it shows you which Fox shocks fits what models but no where could I find it says sold in pairs and I checked on the whole page on every model could not find that anywhere ...common sense should be that all shocks on the front would be sold as a pair something both my dealer and I were short of today Again THANK YOU to all that corrected me I do appreciate your help and concern.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default Fox for what it is

Fox shocks were on my ‘15 RTL when I bought it. I’ve not had Elkas so this may be one sided. Compared to the stock ones on the ‘12 RTL I had, there is significantly better control. The infinite adjustability on either is a plus too. $$$ is a big thing to consider for sure. But, not knowing your budget for Farkles only you can decide on that. Good luck, just sayin’.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I want to apologize if I came across as a @#$%&*. I just wanted you to know so you could be sure of getting the ones you wanted.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.