Thread: BRP Connect

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect

Hopefully someone on this board has mastered the BRP Connect and can help with my questions:
    I downloaded everything there is to download (maps, guidance) and was able to get the GPS on the display. So, the question is: Does the sound for directions comes over the bike speakers? Do I have to connect the audio plug to my phone aside from the USB, in order to get loud directions? Can I play music, like FM radio, while using the GPS and not loose the instruction? I'm not sure if the manual covers all this, but I know that getting info for members sometimes is better than the book.
    Thanks Guys...

Spyder Garage

BRP doesn't even know how it works ! Waiting for BRP to figure it out . I have mounted a Zumo 660 on my 2018 F3 because I plot / plan a lot of rides and I can't do it on a small phone .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    BRP doesn't even know how it works ! Waiting for BRP to figure it out . I have mounted a Zumo 660 on my 2018 F3 because I plot / plan a lot of rides and I can't do it on a small phone .
    That is sad to put out a complicated product and no decent support.

Spyder Garage

I,ll help you the best i can.Once you put in a route it,ll give you turn by turn directions over your bikes speakers then the radio will resume playing untill your next turn.I just spent 2 hours at the dealer on Wed just to find out my LG phone would not work on this bike would freeze up.Got an Apple 6 works so far going on a good ride today.Hope some one can help you more as i,m still learning.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Default Terrible design

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Winger View Post
    I,ll help you the best i can.Once you put in a route it,ll give you turn by turn directions over your bikes speakers then the radio will resume playing untill your next turn.I just spent 2 hours at the dealer on Wed just to find out my LG phone would not work on this bike would freeze up.Got an Apple 6 works so far going on a good ride today.Hope some one can help you more as i,m still learning.
    Bill
    The design of BRP connect is terrible if you must have an Apple iPhone for it to work optimized. You pay $30k plus for some of the Spyder models and you have to add a new cell phone to get the latest and greatest features to work.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    The design of BRP connect is terrible if you must have an Apple iPhone for it to work optimized. You pay $30k plus for some of the Spyder models and you have to add a new cell phone to get the latest and greatest features to work.
    I totally agree with you. I have an LG phone and can get the GPS working using Genius Maps but no sound from the speakers. Hopefully they'll get their act together and come up with a fix. Android's are as popular as the Apple, so...get to work BRP..

Spyder Garage

They,ll get it worked out.Will take some time.With any new system there will be issues.I,m happy with my bike
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Don't know if this is applicable, but my hearing aid tech said not to have more than six apps open on the phone for good connection.
    Marv

Spyder Garage

I figured out you need to change settings from speakers to Bluetooth to get sound through headset otherwise everything goes through speakers. It appears that this needs to be reset every time you get on the bike.

I’m still trying to figure out how to preset radio station and then how to change stations. So frustrated that there are no instructions any where on radio.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Software update

The phone's music can be heard through either the speakers or headset. The FM & Aux can only be heard in the speakers. Once set up it should stay that way. I have it set to hear phone music in the headset and don't have to mess with it every time. The Genius maps had to be muted otherwise the phone music would stop and you'd have to turn the bike off to reset it.

I had a software update last Thursday and the Maps app is fixed. I can now hear directions AND music. FOBO looks better but Rever still needs to be opened on the phone first before plugging it into the bike. I've found there is a radio in iTunes but I have to get it going before plugging it into the bike so I can tell it to play what is currently playing.

Here's a video on how to set radio presets.

Dash images. MPG has changed but I’m thinking when I gas up it will start showing better numbers.
    303E19EE-9E76-4D95-A9DF-080D3115BA06.jpg D5B24F97-A0EB-4722-8479-6230B5AA3A99.jpg
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 05-15-2018 at 01:02 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Here is what i know (Not Guessing)

Required:

A) Iphone 6 or better running IOS 10 or better (preferably 32 gig memory), or

B) An Android Phone running IOS 6 or better (preferably 32 gig memory)

The BRP connect software update that just came out will allow your BRP connect to work better, You will hear the GPS portion thru the speakers or your headset depending on your setup, the GPS will override the music and when complete will return you to the music, the phone will override everything and then return to whatever you were using when your call is finished,

GPS signal on your phone is not quite as reliable as a dedicated GPS, especially on a heavily clouded or rainy day.

BRP Connect works, it has a few glitches but it works.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default new rt brp connect question

I got the brp connect to work, after paying for genius, applemusic, and other stuff. Here is my question. Can I have the nav display up while listening to apple music via brp connect.
    Thanks for help

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fishavenue View Post
    I got the brp connect to work, after paying for genius, applemusic, and other stuff. Here is my question. Can I have the nav display up while listening to apple music via brp connect.
    Thanks for help

Once you start playing music from the smart phone you will hear it no matter what other app you switch to. Even though directions from Genius maps works with music it still sometimes fails and the only way to get it back is to turn the bike off wait then back on. Genius maps has its own volume control as well as the bike volume, phone and headset volume. I still use the maps with the directions muted. Check Shawn Smoaks on Youtube (smoaksvlog) and he has a few videos about How things work.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red