Spyder Garage

Default Installed Baja Ron sway bar

I installed Baja Ron's sway bar on my 2015 RT Ltd yesterday and was surprised by how easy it was to do. Was only able to take a short ride around the neighbor hood, but the improved handling was evident. Going for a longer ride this weekend on some twisties, should be fun!

Spyder Garage

I got mine a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a chance to do the install yet. I'm anxious to get it done and try it out! Glad to hear it was easy!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron Sway Bar

Good Deal. Just curious, how much time was needed to do the install? Any Good TIPS?
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats....

The only problem is the later models having to get up so high to make the change. You will be happy with the change... well done...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Installing the BR Bar with standard lift

I had some scrap 2x4's and small bit of scrap OSB, made a lift platform to fit on top of my HF/NT ATV lift. Jacked the bike up first without the platform and set the bike on jack stands, lowered the lift, added the platform, loosened what bolts I could while the Spyder was on jack stands, then lifted the bike with the platform until I could swing out the old and swap in the BR Bar. Lowered it back to the jack stands and tightened all the bolts. Easy Peasy.
    Jack Platform.jpg20170803_141007.jpg
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

It took about 2 hours to do the install. I have a motorcycle lift from Harbor tools and it will go high enough to remove/install the sway bar. Be careful at that height, I almost knocked it off the lift. I did place the lift more forward so that the rear tire stayed on the ground, and of course I put a chock behind it. I must be slow, but it took me a while to figure out that its the curved mesh pieces in the wheel wells that need to be removed, not the smaller ones straight up from the water deflectors. I used ordinary tools, nothing special and had no issues accessing any of the bolts.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just wanted to add that the height you have to lift the bike is scary. I rigged up a safety of sorts with ropes tied to the ceiling and still I nearly **** my pants gently reaching under and threading the old bar out and the new bar in. But the reach in takes about 2 minutes and then you can lower the bike down to a much more reasonable level ...

Spyder Garage

You'll be happy with the improvement. It appears you performed the task in the allowable average time to complete the task. GOOD JOB!
    Mac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    I just wanted to add that the height you have to lift the bike is scary. I rigged up a safety of sorts with ropes tied to the ceiling and still I nearly **** my pants gently reaching under and threading the old bar out and the new bar in. But the reach in takes about 2 minutes and then you can lower the bike down to a much more reasonable level ...
    I actually bought tall wheel stands that I used, blitzkreig. It made the Spyder very stable and I felt quite safe......I’ll probably never use them again, except for installing Ron’s Bar on any new Spyder I get, but they were pretty cheap.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Tall Jack Stands?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I actually bought tall wheel stands that I used, blitzkreig. It made the Spyder very stable and I felt quite safe......I’ll probably never use them again, except for installing Ron’s Bar on any new Spyder I get, but they were pretty cheap.

Pete
    Quick Questions: How tall were t your wheel stands? Where did you get them? Where did you place them when lifting the bike?