Thread: Tire pressure

Spyder Garage

Default Tire pressure

What tire pressure is everyone running in their tires for the RT?

Spyder Garage

The owners manual has all the information regarding tire pressure along with many other facts if just someone would take the time to read it. If you have OEM tires, 20 Fronts & 28 Rear. These amounts aren't cut in stone and can vary according to your riding style, but give you a good starting point.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Since I'm running non kenda tires, 18lbs front, 20lbs rear (with my wife as pax), was out this last week and weekend doing the twisties around Red Wing, Vasa to Welch Cty 7, Cty 5 and 2 near Frontenac and the spyder rides and corners like a dream.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

The manual recommendations are a good place to start. Adjusting up or down a # or so at a time will help you to find that magic spot. I am currently using 26# in the rears to try to slow down the "ballooning" effect which usually wears out the center of the tire first.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Kenda's or not Kenda's That's the question

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyron View Post
    Right, I should have led with that WhiteyRon, are you still using the factory Kenda's or have you switched to other brands. AKSpyderman and Ex-Rocket make excellent points if you're using stock kenda's.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyron View Post
    My RT is a 2010 with 60K miles. I run between 15.5-17lbs up front, I weigh 225lbs and have upgraded "works performance shocks" My first set of tires wore out on the insides first, my second set I had an alignment done by squared away. They are wearing much more evenly.

All my tires are stock

You need to experiment with what works for your riding style. I like a firm in control ride. When I ran with 20 & 22 lbs upfront, this feeling was not stable for me where others would swear by it.

For the rear tire 28-32lbs. 32 if 2 up or towing. Trying to get air in the rear can sometimes be a pain. I invested in a great set up, a CA air tools ultra quiet compressor #5510A with a digital flexible tire inflator so I can easily attach and put in desired amount of air without having to numerous times check and add, and check again

What pressure are you currently running and how is that working for you?
    Last edited by TicketBait; 05-02-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: added info about type of tires