Thread: suspension

Spyder Garage

Unhappy suspension

2016 Spyder RT stock , I most always ride 2 up it's the way to go . As a new rider to Spyder I'm still getting use to the Lateral body push going around corners , what a weird experience from 2 wheels . I owned a Kawasaki classic then Vaquero ( had a small accident ) then up'd to a gold wing , back to Vaquero and then hurt my back. Couldn't handle the weight anymore was scary so I bought the Spyder .
    I added air to rear shock to accommodate our weight, ( combined close to 500 lb) , got the headlight in the right position now, ride was good but into a corner I had to slow way down , more than before because of body roll out ( scary) . Checked about adjustment on front shocks and their are no adjusters on them , What would be the best and cheapest way to fix this problem . ( I Kinda depleted the saving account just buying it ) .Someone on u tube installed and sells a coil stiffener, does anyone have any experience with these , will it help ? Also where to get them his were kinda expensive ?

Spyder Garage

Go to the home page and scroll down to Bajaron. You will need to email him about the shock adjusters he makes and sales. He also makes a stiffer anti roll bar that helps.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Learning to shift your weight properly into the turn will help a lot if you don't want to pay to upgrade the suspension. Your passenger has to be actively involved also.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Baja Ron sway bar and links are the way to go,big difference. Also invest in front skid plate from Spyderpops,these machines will bottom out occasionally

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Shift your weight to the inside of each corner, and brace yourself against the centrifugal forces with your opposite leg.
    And slow down: it takes some time to lean all of the dance steps!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Doc Humphries/Roadster Renovations has front spring stiffeners.

https://www.roadsterrenovations.info...nsion-products
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up The dance.

+1 on the stiffeners and the sway-bar. The dance is---- step more on the outside peg or floorboard, press inside knee to the "tank",bend inside elbow ( to bring you down and inside of the ), steer mostly with the outside arm. CHA, CHA, CHA.

I find it akin to skiing and/or hanging off on a fast 2-wheel turn.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    +1 on the stiffeners and the sway-bar. The dance is---- step more on the outside peg or floorboard, press inside knee to the "tank",bend inside elbow ( to bring you down and inside of the ), steer mostly with the outside arm. CHA, CHA, CHA.

I find it akin to skiing and/or hanging off on a fast 2-wheel turn.

Lew L
    Just wanted to say that the stiffeners and sway-bar did it for me. I can't tell which did the most. Those little stiffeners really really changed the suspension and the sway-bar really changed the steering. But the combination of the two is like magic. I can hit a corner at full speed with confidence. Totally eliminated that "**** your pants" feeling I got when banking into a corner with an unknown camber ... seriously. I can hit a corner with the very same speed I take on my BMW K1200GT. With the same confidence. And the fix is cheap.

I really can't say enough about the fix those silly little stiffeners make. I would suppose that adjustable shocks like the Elka would do the same thing but at a much greater cost.

https://www.roadsterrenovations.info...nsion-products

I bought the two version and found it more than enough.

That combined with the Sway-bar really did fix ALL of my issues. I have no idea if my wheels are properly aligned but WOW my bike corners like it is on rails. I really have to muscle my legs into corners now ... and I LOVE IT!!!

Spyder Garage

+1 in the Doc H./RR stiffeners, easy install without having to remove and disassemble stock shocks, and the BR Bar. My '13 carves very nicely, passenger has noticed improvement as I often corner far over the posted speed limits. Just cruising for fun. Also running Federal AZ01's on the front.

Oh, Welcome to SL's as well!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020