Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

1. Do you have inside knowledge of what BRP may or may not produce in the future?

Yes - I have ESBRP and can sense what they will and won't do,

2. BRP AND the aftermarket pay attention to these forums-if enough demand is sensed, someone will make an effort to produce a product..

Yup - another reason why I doubt BRP will release Budds to end users - probably not even a Budds Lite -

3. I spoke with a rep at Dynojet not long ago, they have the intent to market a PowerCommander for the Spyder

Yup - spoke with them too - which is why I didn't jump on the Juice Box right away - would rather have the power commander.

4. Fuel delivery adjustment is only half of the equation. Power and fuel economy are created with ignition timing. The JuiceBox doesn't help there.......

Neither will Budds.

5. I also spoke with Ken a while back. He declined to show me any dyno run sheets or exhaust analyzer AFR traces. If he's not willing to show me what his products will do before I purchase, then I'm not willing to give him any cash.......$90 for an o2 mod is all the chance I'll take.

Maybe you should go out a visit his shop and ride his Spyder - could be fun! He is well known in the rotax powered Aprilla world - they sell his products world-wide - I trust him based on his reputation - just like I trust NMN based on theirs.

6. Don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't expect to be able to purchase the complete BUDS system. Engine management, routine maintenance items, and DTC reporting would be nice though....

Isn't that what I've been saying?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    how do you have so much knowledge scotty ......... i wish i had half your brain so i could function
    Time in the field, my friend, time in the field. I started washing parts for a top fuel driver when I was ten. Started racing karts about the same time. Went to my first drag race in 1959, built my first drag car when I was 15, etc., etc. If throw enough spaghetti at the ceiling, some eventually sticks. We all are masters of our own little universes. I haven't a tenth of the creative and artistic genius some of you guys have, much to my dismay.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

I have a idea,,,,Ride the thing, if you wanna tweak, tweak at your own risk. BRP built product to meet all its advertised abilities. To hack BRP for not givin any Tom, Dick or Harry the keys to the (magic electron receipe) is , spend your energy finding your way around your problem. For a product in todays world of resrictions and lawsuits there needs to be a element of security to protect the manufacturer. Just my opinion

Spyder Garage

take it for what its worth..... ken dosent know everything.... in fact he told me that you CANT put a spyder on a dyno.... bull-. yes you can.... ken might be knowledgeable,and he has some good stuff. but he is not the MAN that you people make him out to be.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prodrag69 View Post
    take it for what its worth..... ken dosent know everything.... in fact he told me that you CANT put a spyder on a dyno.... bull-. yes you can.... ken might be knowledgeable,and he has some good stuff. but he is not the MAN that you people make him out to be.
    The average joe can't put his Spyder on a Dyno - if they leave the Spyder as STOCK without modifications. I thnk we all know how it can be done - but for any company to tell people how to do it would be dangerous.

Ken's had the Spyder torn down more than anyone I've heard of (new pistons, cams, etc.). He has also disabled the VSS, etc. He's not just some gearhead who thinks he knows his stuff (like me-) - he has the auto engineering degrees to back him up.

Spyder Garage

Actually, there have already been a few threads to discuss the dyno process. You don't have to disable the VSS, you just point all the wheel speed sensors away from the wheels so that they all read zero. The VSS does not see a difference in wheel speed and will not activate the traction control. Not that complicated. Besides, I don't think many average Joes own a dyno. If someone owns a dyno, they are probably accomplished enough to use a few simple tools to move the sensor.
    Old Spyder Mods:
    No Magic Neon Triple Play II, Leo Vince SBK Exhaust, MMG Backrest, BRP Seat Skin, XOPRODOX Grips & Throttle Rocker, Paint By Tallant's Hot Rods, Kewl Metal Air Filter, Juice Box, Evoluzione O2 Mod, DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, Ride Wright Mojo Wheels and Pulley, Custom Handlebars, Relocated Ignition Switch, Madstad Robo Brackets, Evoluzione Swaybar, RT Shocks/Springs, Toyo R1R, Odyssey Battery, Lowered Shock Mount, SFB Floorboards, Fenderless w/ Custom License Bracket.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SSG Bean View Post
    Actually, there have already been a few threads to discuss the dyno process. You don't have to disable the VSS, you just point all the wheel speed sensors away from the wheels so that they all read zero. The VSS does not see a difference in wheel speed and will not activate the traction control. Not that complicated. Besides, I don't think many average Joes own a dyno. If someone owns a dyno, they are probably accomplished enough to use a few simple tools to move the sensor.
    Using that method that has been posted out here will essentially disable your VSS as the computers think you're standing still. I believe Ken has totally removed all VSS features from his test bike.

Spyder Garage

well he told me that it couldn't be done and i had no prob. doing it..... im hopeing that someone will make cams for it..... seance ken wont do that anymore