Spyder Garage

Red face 2nd Spyder-1st F3

As a new owner of an F3-S Daytona SE6, and a previous owner of a 2013 RS-SM5, I must say Can_Am really got the Spyder right with the F3. The F3 doesn't cook your leg, it's a lot more comfortable, gets better mileage and performance, and maintenance is easier. I think the only thing the F3 lacks over the older RS is frunk space. The new one won't even hold a helmet. I'm fixing that with a rack and trunk on order, however. I noticed the owner's manual doesn't list the first oil change until 3,000 miles. I went ahead and did mine, along with the oil filter, at 600. I'm glad I did because the oil was a bit dark. I replaced the oil with full synthetic Rotella T-6. It is a bit of a chore doing the oil and filter, since there are two drain plugs and the filter is tucked under a panel, which adds a little time to the job. I replaced the main drain plug with a Gold Plug magnetic one while I was at it. No more stripped Torx plug. (I stripped the one on my old RS because the Stealer over-tightened it. What a PITA to get it out)! (What's with Can-Am and their love affair with Torx fasteners anyway?) Now that the trike is ready for the summer I am looking forward to covering the highways and byways!
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Kind of digging the F3 Limited lately but not quite ready to give up the RT. Oh yeah, and about 10K! Good luck with the new ride!

Pat