Spyder Garage

Default Best way to adjust thumb shift lever on F3 SE-6

My thumb shift lever is extremely sensitive to touch, I would like to have at least 1/4"--3/8" travel on the shift lever before gears shift. Currently I have approx 1/16" movement & the F3's shift thus under full throttle I occasion shift too early. Where is best location to change the adjustment?
    Thanks,
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default F3 a different beast

My ST will not attempt any shift under 3k RPM by programming, don't know what the 1330 needs. Think the only adjustment can be done someone with key to BUDS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    My ST will not attempt any shift under 3k RPM by programming, don't know what the 1330 needs. Think the only adjustment can be done someone with key to BUDS
    No mine works great above 1800. I'm talking about accelerating in the 5K range & if my glove slightly touches the shift lever--it shifts Down shift requires a 3/4" pull or the rear. I need to center the lever so it's equal in both directions--up **** & downshift.
    Darrell
    Last edited by Wildrice; 04-26-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

I've had a look in the service manual and can't see any adjustment mentioned at all. There is no exploded view of the left control block, the manual just say replace it if it's faulty - which is not really very useful. You would have to take it off and dismantle it to see if it can be adjusted.

Mine is exactly the same by the way, very small movement to shift up but large movement to shift down so it must be designed that way.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Nothing much you can do about it other than rotate the entire housing it is a part of. I did mine, there is only a little play in the pin & hole arrangement but it did make some difference.....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    My thumb shift lever is extremely sensitive to touch, I would like to have at least 1/4"--3/8" travel on the shift lever before gears shift. Currently I have approx 1/16" movement & the F3's shift thus under full throttle I occasion shift too early. Where is best location to change the adjustment?
    Thanks,
    Darrell
    I've just spent a good 10 minutes or more looking through my F3 workshop manual for you for this and I cannot find any other references for this 'THAT ARE NOT REFERRING TO THE BUDS SYSTEM' ... My conclusion to that would be this is most probably an electronic 'fly by wire' system that's looking for a 'change of electrical state' ie ... a one or a zero, an off or on signal and as such it probably will not have any type of manual adjustment ...

I would imagine because the very heart of this system was developed for F1 racing some years back, the criteria would have been direct, succinct and crisp gear changing so no lee way would have been allowed for ... I know these units are way more sensitive than the paddle shift setup in my car but after looking, they do not have any mechanical adjustments either ... Cheers Greg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Thanks,
    Darrell
    Mate ... went for a bit of blatt this afternoon with no other reason in mind, than to initially try in my brand newly fitted cat delete. Bugger me while I'm out riding along and changing gears, your post, this one came to mind ... I then went 'feeling' with the gear changes; whilst I was still riding and IMO its too slack and with lots of initial play before take up and the initial change ... May I (humbly) suggest others also try the same ... Am I missing something here? ... Again and only IMO, not that sensitive at all (on my 2017 F3-T SE6). I tried approximately calculating finger movement in my own mind whilst riding and again only IMO ... if anything its too slack ... Please either explain or show me where I am wrong or what is it exactly you are after ? ... stay safe !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    I've had a look in the service manual and can't see any adjustment mentioned at all. There is no exploded view of the left control block, the manual just say replace it if it's faulty - which is not really very useful. You would have to take it off and dismantle it to see if it can be adjusted.

Mine is exactly the same by the way, very small movement to shift up but large movement to shift down so it must be designed that way.
    So mine is an SE5. Because I destroyed the original I now have a brand new one. It is just the opposite . Very sensitive on the downshift sloppy on the up. I have the old module they removed. Iam going to dismantle it to see what`s what. Film at 11.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze