Spyder Garage

Default 2016 f3s winds up and down hesitating before turning on

Weather is nice down in Houston now so I've been riding a bit. I have 1400 miles on my 2016 f3s. Went to fill gas the other day after a 30 mile trip and go to turn her on and it feels like the battery is not charged or something. It's like it struggles to turn on sometimes. It always turns eventually on the first push of the START button. But i worry i may get stranded. That's no fun.

Im not sure what i should be checking for. I have no electrical mods that would be sucking juice. It was stored all winter and when I first started it up 2 months ago it cranked up immediately. I use premium gas. Hasn't been serviced yet, they said to bring in @3500miles.

Any ideas would be appreciated .

Thank u!

Spyder Garage

Probably worth checking that your battery terminals are clean & tight!! It could just be that slightly loose terminal has meant the last few starts have drained the battery a bit more than normal (loose connections mean great resistance/higher loads) & the loose connection will also reduce the ability of the charge system to re-charge the battery properly! Loose connections stick it to your battery both ways!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

You only have 1400 miles on a 2016. How long have you had it. sounds like you do not ride much.

You might benefit from a battery maintainer (Battery Tender) when the Spyder is not used for long period of time.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Default When in doubt....

All good advise above but when in doubt run by and have the battery load tested after a full charge. If you have a charger charge the battery or take it for a long ryde to get a full charge.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I haven't rode it too much. I purchased new as a toy. My longest travels is about 35 miles 1 way. I will try to check battery connections today. I do have a battery tender, maybe i should use that. I appreciate the suggestions.