Spyder Garage

Default Helmets small enough to fit an RS frunk

Summer is coming up and I will be dropping off and picking up my son at the local YMCA for day camp. About six miles from the house. He fits my helmet so what I want to do is have him use my helmet till we get there and use a smaller helmet that fits in the frunk. Then put the one I am wearing in the trunk and go back to my full face. I was thinking one of those sort of retro 70's style 3/4 helmets would fit. Since it will be thinner but maybe some of you can mention your helmet that fits in the RS frunk. I will need to keep it in the frunk all the time. I do have a hard case on the rear but that is full of stuff for work.
    Roadkrome luggage rack
    Shad SH45 hard case
    Bajaron anti-sway bar and Heim links
    Mirror extensions
    Spyderpops air dam foam kit
    Rivco handlebar risers (purchased and on my mods to do list)

"A damn good feeling to run these roads" - Tyler Childers
    "I close my eyes, it was all so clear, it was all right then, it was all right there" - Tyler Childers
    "Woke up today and decided to kill my ego, it ain't ever done me no good no how" - Sturgill Simpson
    www.squanchkava.com

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Gmax gm32 open face fits no problem. Only one, but it fits nicely. Mine is an extra large also. Wife's small fits even easier. That is in a RT frunk, don't know if they are the same size.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Curious...🤔

I can get two helmets in the RS frunk if it is empty. I usually have it half full and still get my full face/modular helmet in with no trouble. You should be able to get most any helmet unless your just looking for something smaller. 3/4 helmet should be fine.... If it is an F3....whole different story....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black