Thread: Sena SM10

Spyder Garage

Default Sena SM10

Hello,

I have been talking to Dave about the sena sm10 Bluetooth transmitter. I have read and heard things so I will ask on here. Okay My set up will be my Spyder rt radio, and ipod connection, my gps, and phone. My question is when I read the sena site it says 2 audio inputs. So this is what confuses me. Will I be able to hear the radio, ipod, gps, and phone through the sm10 transmitter when I blue tooth all them into it. Also I talk with my husband through our sena headsets. Will this all work together.

Thanks, Lois

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Sena SM10 needs to be hard wired to the bike’s radio system so that radio or device that is plugged into the aux cable will be heard by the Bluetooth headset. If the GPS is built in to the bike then that sound will also go through the SM10. Your phone should be paired directly to the headset for best sound. You can pair it to the GPS but doesn’t work so good.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure exactly what you're question is so I'll explain my set-up.
    The SM10 is connected to the Spyder audio.
    The IPOD and GPS are also hardwired to the Spyder audio.
    The SM10 transmits the IPOD, Radio and GPS wirelessly through blue tooth to the blue tooth receiver in your helmet.
    The SM10 supports two connections, so it can transmit all these signals to the second helmet.
    The blue tooth helmet receiver can pick up a cell phone and the intercom to the other helmet.
    Here's a picture.
    I hope this helps.

Capture 2.jpg
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 04-24-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

To answer the 2 inputs question which is what I think you are asking.
    You can pair and have active 2 devices to a helmet headset (not counting other helmets for comms). Say a phone and a GPS. Or 2 phones, etc.

So to get all you want on your Spyder to come into your helmet(s) you will need the Sena SM-10 and cable.
    The SM-10 will broadcast anything that comes out of the Spyder speakers now. Thus the radio, iPod, GPS (if it's wired to the Spyder).
    Then you will pair your phone to the helmet and pair the SM-10 to your helmet. That is 2 inputs. Now you are covered.

The SM-10 and cable can pair to 2 helmets so your passenger can also hear what the Spyder is playing. If your pasenger also has a phone they would pair thier phone to thier helmet.

Make sense?

Bob

P.S. there are some tricks you can do to get more than 3 in a way but not with full functionality. You use selective pairing. E.g. pair your phone only for calls and not music This leave the music channel free to pair to another device but can't do calls. You can also use Music Sharing so your passenger can her what comes into your headset. But to get all you are asking for you will need the SM-10.

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 04-25-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

how do you wire the gps to the audio of the spyder. My gps came with the spyder and it setting in the cradle that came with the bike. so is this the connection you are talking about or is it something different. I didn't know you could connect your gps to the audio of the spyder. That means it would come out of the speakers right?

Thanks, Lois

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    To answer the 2 inputs question which is what I think you are asking.
    You can pair and have active 2 devices to a helmet headset (not counting other helmets for comms). Say a phone and a GPS. Or 2 phones, etc.

So to get all you want on your Spyder to come into your helmet(s) you will need the Sena SM-10 and cable.
    The SM-10 will broadcast anything that comes out of the Spyder speakers now. Thus the radio, iPod, GPS (if it's wired to the Spyder).
    Then you will pair your phone to the helmet and pair the SM-10 to your helmet. That is 2 inputs. Now you are covered.

The SM-10 and cable can pair to 2 helmets so your passenger can also hear what the Spyder is playing. If your pasenger also has a phone they would pair thier phone to thier helmet.

Make sense?

Bob

P.S. there are some tricks you can do to get more than 3 in a way but not with full functionality. You use selective pairing. E.g. pair your phone only for calls and not music This leave the music channel free to pair to another device but can't do calls. You can also use Music Sharing so your passenger can her what comes into your headset. But to get all you are asking for you will need the SM-10.

Bob

Spyder Garage

Yes the GPS that came with your Spyder is already wired to your audio system. It will play thru the speakers. If you do the sm10/wires as finless described what you hear in the speakers will come to your bluetooth connected helmet smh10. Finless is our resident expert on sena

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thank You guys appreciate it. I will be ordering one soon then.

Lois

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Yes the GPS that came with your Spyder is already wired to your audio system. It will play thru the speakers. If you do the sm10/wires as finless described what you hear in the speakers will come to your bluetooth connected helmet smh10. Finless is our resident expert on sena

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lois35 View Post
    how do you wire the gps to the audio of the spyder. My gps came with the spyder and it setting in the cradle that came with the bike. so is this the connection you are talking about or is it something different. I didn't know you could connect your gps to the audio of the spyder. That means it would come out of the speakers right?

Thanks, Lois
    You can hear your GPS out the Spyder's speakers right?
    Just making sure the dealer that installed it, did it right.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black