Spyder Garage

Default Mounting the Lemonester pipe

I got the replacement pipe today. Someone want to give me the steps for removing the old and mounting the new. I am a welder and I appreciate the quality of the fab and TIG work on this pipe. I guess this is a pretty easy job but I 'd like to hear from someone that has done it. I have some ramps so I guess I will need those first.

Spyder Garage

Default Easy!

Easy job:
    raise bike. Loosen clamp from cat to muffler, slide onto muffler. Remove the 3, 10mm bolts from the bracket the prongs from the cat go into. Remove the 3 springs from the cat to the header. We use parachute cord around the hook of the spring, and pull aft. Helps to have a helper! Now, support the cat, and push the rubber hanger (donut) off the hook on top of the cat. I use a 16” extension. Remove cat. Harvest the black bracket with the grommets, install on bypass pipe. If it has the hook from the donut, do that first. Re install black bracket with the 3 10mm bolts. Hook the springs back up. Put pipe into muffler, install clamp. Let it idle for 10 minutes to let the ECM learn the new pipe. Go ride!
    Nice part, nice welds. Like it a lot. Call if you need to. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Thanks Jo, just what I needed

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SailnDive View Post
    Thanks Jo, just what I needed
    Be prepared for a tug-o-war getting the springs put back on. It helps if you have someone to use a large blade screwdriver to guide the spring hook to the pipe hook loop.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default Hahaha

When you said “Lemonester” pipe, I thought you were cleverly saying that you had received a lemon of a pipe from Lamonster

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Joe's got it right - Springs most trouble

Joe's given you great instructions. The springs were the most difficult part for me. I used a puller hook and line (rope) as Joe suggests.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Easy job:
    raise bike. Loosen clamp from cat to muffler, slide onto muffler. Remove the 3, 10mm bolts from the bracket the prongs from the cat go into. Remove the 3 springs from the cat to the header. We use parachute cord around the hook of the spring, and pull aft. Helps to have a helper! Now, support the cat, and push the rubber hanger (donut) off the hook on top of the cat. I use a 16” extension. Remove cat. Harvest the black bracket with the grommets, install on bypass pipe. If it has the hook from the donut, do that first. Re install black bracket with the 3 10mm bolts. Hook the springs back up. Put pipe into muffler, install clamp. Let it idle for 10 minutes to let the ECM learn the new pipe. Go ride!
    Nice part, nice welds. Like it a lot. Call if you need to. Joe
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Automotive brake tools work good to leverage the springs on and off.

it was much easier for me to get the springs back on.

Spyder Garage

Default pipe mount

That top spring looks to be really hard to reach. I've got the bike jacked up but I don't see how to reach that top spring. I guess there are three! would taking the plastic out of the way be worthwhile? It sounded easy until I looked at the spring.

Spyder Garage

Default pipe

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    When you said “Lemonester” pipe, I thought you were cleverly saying that you had received a lemon of a pipe from Lamonster

Pete
    NO! great pipe...bad spelling

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SailnDive View Post
    That top spring looks to be really hard to reach. I've got the bike jacked up but I don't see how to reach that top spring. I guess there are three! would taking the plastic out of the way be worthwhile? It sounded easy until I looked at the spring.
    I used a 6 foot long leash for a small dog. Clips onto the rear of the spring then fished the leash to the back and pulled. Spring pops right off.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Pipe on

That top spring was a bear! If I have to do it again. I'll make a tool. I left the baffle out and it sounds good enough. Not too loud. Seems to really improve torque. Really well made. Thanks for the help Jo. I can only hope that we don't have a fume problem.

Spyder Garage

Default Fume/leaks

So long as the gasket at the junction where the springs are is settled, it wont leak. Glad to help. We do the top spring first, using a length of parachute cord. Ann pulls on the cord, I direct the hook. The other two are a snap! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system