Thread: My new bike

Spyder Garage

Default My new bike

I upgraded from the 2016 Ninja 650 to the 2017 Ninja 1000. I paid 9.6K new. It was a logical step. I like how the Kawi bikes feel when I sit on them. It feels like I am "in" the bike rather than on "top" of it. It give me confidence in turns when I can leverage my legs more rather than just lean in. It's also fast. It is limited to 150 mph. Not that I am planning to go that fast, but it's more of a bragging right. Perhaps one day I will take it somewhere like the Texas Mile and let it loose. Here is some details about it. https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...14-fast-facts/

It has a pretty upright riding position, so there is little presser on my palms and lower back. I plan to take it in for some safety and ergonomic upgrades. I like the Givi bags. They are made for this bike. The green is a replaceable skin, so I can change colors.

This is just a crappy initial phone pic. I will do some better ones in the summer.

n1000.jpg
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default My new bike

Great looking ride, glad you explained about the bags; was wondering about that

Al
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Very nice looking machine indeed. At my mid-to-upper senior citizen age, however, I'd probably be in the weeds before very long - grinning all the while. Sort of a Catch 22 - love going fast on twisty roads but don't react quickly enough any longer to do that safely - for very long.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

on the new Kawi Ninja. They build good stuff. I have never had a Ninja, but had four UJM's, one Voyager, and the rest in various cruisers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Very nice bike! I have owned 5 kawasaki motorcycles. Everything from the zzr600, to the mighty zx14. They have always served me well, and fortunately, kawasaki seems to stand behind them. I was looking into the concours 14 before I picked up my M109. But I decided that I am more of a cruizing guy now, and if I got something more capable of handling the curves, I might just hurt myself. One of the biggest things for a bike for me now, is no chain. I will take a belt, a driveshaft, but no chain.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

Looks like a great ride. Though I never got into the whole sport bike thing I worked on them all and modified them but at best rode them around the block...enjoy it
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new Ninja!

Had to google the Texas Mile to learn about it. It's about two hours from our house.

Oh man, get to do WOT and see where the wind resistance kicks in. I know what the speed is with a RS touring windshield, would love to try it with the racing windshield on.

Next event is in October...

Ok, your Ninja will beat my GS, but the fun is in going down the strip.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys. The only issue I have with it is the shift lever is too short. So when I take it in I will look to get a longer one. Right now, I have to keep the rpm's under 4000, which is no fun. I got cars out accelerating me which is embarrassing. I do wish my F3 would have worked out. But I have to deal with things the way they are.
    2019 Rally , Black