Spyder Garage

Default GPS for 2012 RSS

Hi everyone,
    like a few others have posted, I am wondering if there are anymore great deals out there for any GPS units with mounts that would work on a 2012 RSS?

I live up in Nova Scotia Canada, and can am wants about $1200 for the 660 and mount.

I missed out on a few great deals it looks like (some were selling for $100 and just over $100, even with my dollar exchange that would still be a great deal on my end)

Thought I’d ask
    thanks
    Mark

Spyder Garage

Default GPS FOR RSS

have you looked into a refurbished unit from Garmin, or from Amazon
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Depends...

I have used the same unit from Garmin (Nuvi) that I use in my car. I just have a ram ball mount and a power cord for charging when needed. I have never had any problem and simply put a baggie over it if I get caught in the rain. GPS's are getting cheap now that most cars have them from the factory. Zoozmc.com has some very good units that are for motorcycles and way cheaper than most.... but agree look for the specific BRP garmins in E-bay or amazon...

20160322_083746.jpg
    Last edited by Chupaca; 04-23-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I have used the same unit from Garmin (Nuvi) that I use in my car. I just have a ram ball mount and a power cord for charging when needed. I have never had any problem and simply put a baggie over it if I get caught in the rain. GPS's are getting cheap now that most cars have them from the factory. Zoozmc.com has some very good units that are for motorcycles and way cheaper than most.... but agree look for the specific BRP garmins in E-bay or amazon...
    ...... a plastic bag or do what I do .... clear kitchen plastic WRAP .... put on tight it's won't FLAP around in the wind ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Topham84 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    like a few others have posted, I am wondering if there are anymore great deals out there for any GPS units with mounts that would work on a 2012 RSS?

I live up in Nova Scotia Canada, and can am wants about $1200 for the 660 and mount.

I missed out on a few great deals it looks like (some were selling for $100 and just over $100, even with my dollar exchange that would still be a great deal on my end)

Thought I’d ask
    thanks
    Mark
    I use my phone. google maps is about as good as you can get. There are GPS apps that people like better, Waze for one. There are even some that let you download maps if you are worried about needing signal. Even with google maps you can lock in your destination and it will still work if you lose cell service as long as you don't turn off the app. I have a waterproof case and a ram mount. I am never without my phone, so can't think of a reason to have another device for extra money. Now with all that said I am not aware of how all that works where you live and ride.

2017-05-30 18.16.19.jpg
    2019 RTL

Farkles
    BRP Comfort Seat.
    Foam Grips
    Lidlox
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Baja Ron Anti sway bar
    Lamonster's upgraded BRP vibration damper.
    2019 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Default Look at Nuvi with TripAdvisor

TopHam84, I have a Garmin Zumo 450. https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/8582 It's in great shape, except the buttons have pushed out due to fatigue. I've replaced the buttons, However, there is a company that will do a much better job. http://www.palmdr.com/cart/garmin-zu...ice-p-141.html With new buttons, and batteries, it would be good as new.
    Bad news is I don't have a cradle.

Quote Originally Posted by Topham84 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thought I’d ask
    thanks
    Mark