Spyder Garage

Default 2016 RS Handlebars.

Howdy, New-ish to the forum and having difficulty navigating it. I thought I saw this question on here but cannot locate it. What handlebars interchange with the 2016 RS to make it taller/closer. Fractured my wrist and it didn't heal right, no flex, the handlebars are to low. Or perhaps bar backs? I need about 2". Thanks for any assistance. ps, i tried this a few minutes ago and the thing disappeared. Sorry if it's on here twice.

Spyder Garage

Default 2016 RS Handlebars.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystone62 View Post
    Howdy, New-ish to the forum and having difficulty navigating it. I thought I saw this question on here but cannot locate it. What handlebars interchange with the 2016 RS to make it taller/closer. Fractured my wrist and it didn't heal right, no flex, the handlebars are to low. Or perhaps bar backs? I need about 2". Thanks for any assistance. ps, i tried this a few minutes ago and the thing disappeared. Sorry if it's on here twice.

Lucky, any of the stock RT handlebars should bolt right on to your RS. Those 4 bolts that hold the bar on are exceedingly tight, think it is an 8 mm Allen wrench. Use a socket drive Allen to remove so you can get the leverage that you need to back them out; BRP uses lock tight on almost all of their fasteners. About a 3 hour job to do the swap and they should give you the set back that you are looking for. Usually if you just ask here on the forum you will find people that have some laying around after upgrading to the tri axis bars. PM me if you have ????'s. Oh and by the way, welcome to our forum.
    Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystone62 View Post
    The RT, ST and RS bars from 2013 onwards are interchangeable, the RT is, I believe, the furthest back of the three and is a relatively common mod for people who need more comfort. From memory there is a bit of jiggling needed to get cables to reach but it is possible.

Someone who's done this will probably post soon.

There are after market mods as well but I think some people have struggled to find those for the later model 2013 RS's.

For any one with an RS prior to 2013, they had different bar mounts so they were not compatible.

Spyder Garage

Swapped on a pair of ST handle bars to the RS and it’s a huge difference
    the dealership can see the parts schematics or you can look at them online and see the parts needed
    and when you are done it retains that factory fresh look