Spyder Garage

Default Installing lamonster fuel cap

Followed lamonster video instructions for installing his fuel cap. The tool is a great idea but after fooling with it for more time than it would have taken me to take off the Tupperware I couldn't get it to work. Took off the Tupperware and found out the reason why. The crimp for the terminal end was in the way and there's no way the tool would go on the nut. The only thing I can suggest is if you run into the same problem is to use the tool and try to push the crimp One Direction or the other in my case I moved it counter clockwise. Hope it helps anyone else trying to put this fuel cap in.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know....

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure this will be helpful as things are not always the same for everyone....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default wrong wire cut in first install video.

Make sure you look at the second video posted, too. The first one has you cutting the wrong wire. It looks like all gas cap orderers have been notified by email, but just in case. Lamont is doing another video. That’s the trouble with rushing to get something out quickly that people are chasing.......you’re dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Put my wife's fuel cap on her F3 this morning. I watched Lamont's second video and it help a lot. Took me about 15-20 mins to do. Getting at that darn nut probably took almost 5 mins itself. Fishing the ground wire was pretty quick, but I think I was lucky.

She loves it and that's all that matters.

fuelcap.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bscrive; 04-21-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Yep......if she’s happy, you’re happy . Plus, it looks great on the black.......and that’s aside from its improved functionality for many riders.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Put my wife's fuel cap on her F3 this morning. I watched Lamont's second video and it help a lot. Took me about 15-20 mins to do. Getting at that darn nut probably took almost 5 mins itself. Fishing the ground wire was pretty quick, but I think I was lucky.

She loves it and that's all that matters.

fuelcap.jpg
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red