Spyder Garage

Default Tri-Axis Handlebars - are they worth the investment?

I'm relatively new to the Spyder world. Purchased my White RT-L a few weeks ago, and the first thing I did was install the Bajaron sway bar. Huge improvement in stability and steering.

I heard about the tri-axis handlebars and was wondering what are their advantages because their price-tag is so high. Will they make steering easier on turns? will they be closer to me (I'm 5"4 with short hands)? Anything else?

Thank you!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CA-SPYDR View Post
    I'm relatively new to the Spyder world. Purchased my White RT-L a few weeks ago, and the first thing I did was install the Bajaron sway bar. Huge improvement in stability and steering. I heard about the tri-axis handlebars and was wondering what are their advantages because their price-tag is so high. Will they make steering easier on turns? will they be closer to me (I'm 5"4 with short hands)? Anything else? Thank you!
    It's a comfort thing. Doesn't affect performance. Think ergonomics.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I'm relatively new to the Spyder world. Purchased my White RT-L a few weeks ago, and the first thing I did was install the Bajaron sway bar. Huge improvement in stability and steering.

I heard about the tri-axis handlebars and was wondering what are their advantages because their price-tag is so high. Will they make steering easier on turns? will they be closer to me (I'm 5"4 with short hands)? Anything else?

Thank you!
    I agree with UtahPete, no change in handling performance. I had trouble being in the saddle for even 2 hours....the bars were just wrong. I got the tri-axis and afjusted them, and what a difference. Now after a few hours of riding, my butt gets sore, but shoulders and arms are fine. They’re damned expensive, but for me worth every red cent. Good luck.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

As a tall person, I could not make long rides without them!

Along with other comfort items.

If I bought a new Spyder today, I would have to have these things again.

https://youtu.be/O9Xna_VjqOc

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 04-19-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Yes it is.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would not have an RT without them.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tri - Axis

I highly suggest you TRY them out .....$ 800.00 is a lot to spend and it you don't like them ...... Find someone ( forum member ) who has them and try them ......jmho ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Add me to the list of Tri-Axis bar fans. I had them installed as part of the out the door deal because of my size and my Comfort Seat that moved me farther back than the OEM seat. You can tune them to make your ride most comfortable. Pricey, yes, but worth it IMO.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Agree with all the above.I had them installed 1 month after getting my RT,no regrets,wouldn't be without them.

Spyder Garage

Default They are the best

For me the TriAxis makes riding a joy. It was killing me between my shoulders until I got them. Your being 5'4" it will likely help you bring the bars closer and up/down to your preference. You show as from "CA". Depending upon where you are, I'd think you could find a bike with them so you could see what it's like. I purchased mine before I had access to try anything hoping it would help. Thank goodness it did!

Rob

Thank you!
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

I'll cast a vote for the tri-axis handlebars as well. I'm 5'2" and used to experience a lot of pain in my neck, shoulders, and back after about 2 hours of riding. My arms were so stretched out with the stock handlebars to the point that I could barely reach the outside handgrip when the bars were turned full-lock left/right in turns. Changing to the Tri-Axis bars resulted more control of the Spyder, more comfort for me and eliminated the pain. I wouldn't think twice about buying them again if I was shopping for a new Spyder.

... JMHO -- I would also stay with the black ones and stay away from the chrome bars. Reason: The bars have a lot of surface area and in my opinion the chrome bars would cause a lot of reflection enduced blindness.
    Last edited by 3 Wheel Rider; 04-19-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Add me to the Tri Axis bar list of happy campers.

Just wish I could adjust them a bit higher vertically. Similar to APE Hangers but not that high

Spyder Garage

I installed a set of Tri-axis handlebars on my wife's RT two weekends ago. It was a long job but Finless Bob has an excellent 3-part video on how to do it. His videos gave me the confidence that i could do it myself and were constantly played and re-played as I moved through the install. Now, after having installed the new bars, i can tell that there is a dramatic difference in comfort level. Most notably, there is a significant range of adjustments which can be easily applied, tested, adjusted, etc. I think this is one farkle that is well worth the investment for comfort on long(er) rides.

Spyder Garage

I have the triaxis bars on my RT. I didn't like the bar angle, so I negotiated the price and installation into the purchase. I too am a fan.

If the stock bars aren't comfortable, then it's worth it. If they're marginal, then you might get used to them and after time grow to like it, but I would say that's somewhat unlikely.

Depending on where you are in Commiefornia, you're welcome to PM me and try mine out and see what you think.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Tri-Axis Handlebars - are they worth the investment?

I like mine ok but if they would have made them so that the grip ends could also have rotated some they would have been perfect. By that I mean, when I get the bars where I want them for height and pulled back for the distance I like, the grips are just a tad too angled and put more angle on my wrists than I like. If you could adjust the grip angle after doing the height and distance to allow my hand and wrists to be a touch straighter, I would be 100% happy camper.
    Last edited by trikerbiker645; 04-20-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE
    ... JMHO -- I would also stay with the black ones and stay away from the chrome bars. Reason: The bars have a lot of surface area and in my opinion the chrome bars would cause a lot of reflection enduced blindness.[/QUOTE]

I have a set of chrome ones on our RT for the last 3+ years, and have not had an issue with reflection or blindness.
    I not saying it's not possible - just telling you our expereance.

I was looking for a set of black ones when I found the chrome ones for less $ than the black ones. Worked out well for us.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

It was either the Tri-Axis bars or surgery. I CHOSE THE BARS!

Love 'em!
    Bill W

2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

Default Look around

Thank you!
    I waited almost 2 yrs. My advice don't wait. I had shoulder pain strain I no longer have pain and strain. eBay Amazon or Leaders Inc had some of lowest prices at $650. I forget the can am part number. I got mine for $399.00 on eBay. The fla. guy bought but never opened them. Had ridenow install them. 3-3.5 hrs install.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    [QUOTE
    ... JMHO -- I would also stay with the black ones and stay away from the chrome bars. Reason: The bars have a lot of surface area and in my opinion the chrome bars would cause a lot of reflection enduced blindness.
    I have a set of chrome ones on our RT for the last 3+ years, and have not had an issue with reflection or blindness.
    I not saying it's not possible - just telling you our expereance.

I was looking for a set of black ones when I found the chrome ones for less $ than the black ones. Worked out well for us.[/QUOTE]
    I have the same situation with mine....I was able to purchase the chrome set at a discounted price two years ago and have never had any issue with sun reflection. To my thinking, it is of no concern, and esthetically speaking, I prefer the chrome.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by marty1096 View Post
    I waited almost 2 yrs. My advice don't wait. I had shoulder pain strain I no longer have pain and strain. eBay Amazon or Leaders Inc had some of lowest prices at $650. I forget the can am part number. I got mine for $399.00 on eBay. The fla. guy bought but never opened them. Had ridenow install them. 3-3.5 hrs install.
    good tip! Thank you.

Spyder Garage

I don't have them. I have a friend who does. He and I are about the same size, 6' and "over" 250#s. His are adjusted to the most comfortable position for him. Today I sat on his bike and could tell virtually no difference between his bike and mine. I guess size matters.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I put mine on after a year and love them. Wouldn't be without them. Also got the garmin gps mount since it came down in price. Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO