Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Did it quiet it up any at all. I know mine is loud.
    David
    I put the muffler on mine and I find it fairly quiet. But then I have never run it without the muffler so I can't tell how much it quiets it down. I do know that I don't think it is much louder then stock.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Sound Level ST versus RT

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I put the muffler on mine and I find it fairly quiet. But then I have never run it without the muffler so I can't tell how much it quiets it down. I do know that I don't think it is much louder then stock.

Just got in from 100 miles, paying a lot of attention to the sound. I noticed a lot of sound comig up at me from around the bars and steering column Notice in the attached pic, the steering column has a grating around the shaft, throttle and engine emanate through the gate, hit me in the face, and some sound waves bounce oof the windscreen and then hit me in the face.

My buddies RT has a solid fairing around the steering column, Ibelieve this blocks a lot of sound, so an RT would not increase sound level as much when the airboxes are removed.

I am considering attaching some fibrous insulation material behind the grating to block the sound. This will also cut down on cooling but I do not think that will be a problem.

Spyderfish
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderfish View Post
    Just got in from 100 miles, paying a lot of attention to the sound. I noticed a lot of sound comig up at me from around the bars and steering column Notice in the attached pic, the steering column has a grating around the shaft, throttle and engine emanate through the gate, hit me in the face, and some sound waves bounce oof the windscreen and then hit me in the face.

My buddies RT has a solid fairing around the steering column, Ibelieve this blocks a lot of sound, so an RT would not increase sound level as much when the airboxes are removed.

I am considering attaching some fibrous insulation material behind the grating to block the sound. This will also cut down on cooling but I do not think that will be a problem.

Spyderfish
    I found the pre filter to fit the air filter. Ordered 2 of them. Was around $3.75 a piece. Will install one and see how it works. If still too loud I will add the other filter. I know the one JT sells is about a 1 or better thick. Will post my results sometime next week. Filters are suppose to be here next Wednesday or Thursday.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I honestly think you must have a hearing problem.

Mine was extremely loud even with the extra foam ring around the outside & I wear earplugs.

So much nicer with the oem filter assembly back on.

Then again, maybe I have the hearing problem....ears too sensitive
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

well old goat you may be right,but that's my experience.I have always tested sensitive on my ears also. Everybody has a different tolerance level.What works for one may not for another,it does for me.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze